[Q] LG-G2 D800 LGG2 Recovery Problems

13th January 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I bought a phone pre rooted and everything. It was nice, but the problem is I am having trouble changing the recovery on the phone.

For a long time I had TWRP 2.6.3.4. I could not flash any recovery over it. I was finally able to flash TWRP 2.6.3.1 using the same method to get TWRP. At that point I'm still not able to flash a recovery over TWRP.

I just discovered "flashify" tonight where I had flashed the CWR image for the d800. Now I can't even boot into recovery. It acts like I have non. I can boot into android no-problem though.

When I use "flashify" or "Recovery Tools" they claim I still have TWRP 2.6.3.1.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
Can someone please help me.
13th January 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 548

297 posts
Donate to Me
I too tried flashing CWM over TWRP using Flashify, but it didn't work, it still said I had TWRP. However, Flashify did work to revert back to Stock Recovery.

I still have the backup file of the Stock Recovery, I can upload it somewhere if you want to, then maybe you can install CWM.
I have a D802 myself, not sure if my backup would work with your D800 though. but if you're adventurous...
Last edited by Hid3rs; 13th January 2014 at 01:42 AM.
13th January 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hid3rs

I too tried flashing CMW over TWRP using Flashify, but it didn't work, it still said I had TWRP. However, Flashify did work to revert back to Stock Recovery.

I still have the backup file of the Stock Recovery, I can upload it somewhere if you want to, then maybe you can install CMW.
I have a D802 myself, not sure if my backup would work with your D800 though. but if you're adventurous...

I was able to get back a version of TWRP following this: http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/03/fla...ersions-video/

Still don't know why I can't get other recoveries like CWR or why almost all versions of CM will fail to flash using TWRP

EDIT

I miss read you post. I thought you had a copy of TWRP. Go ahead and send the the stock recovery as that's one thing I have yet to try..
Last edited by Traceguy; 13th January 2014 at 01:28 AM.
13th January 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 548

297 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceguy

I was able to get back a version of TWRP following this: http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/03/fla...ersions-video/

Still don't know why I can't get other recoveries like CWR or why almost all versions of CM will fail to flash using TWRP

EDIT

I miss read you post. I thought you had a copy of TWRP. Go ahead and send the the stock recovery as that's one thing I have yet to try..

Well now I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Even for custom recoveries there are different files to download for D800 and D802. I don't think my backup would be compatible with your variant.

If you want CM, try flashing Official Nightlies. I've heard they are stable. I flashed CM11 Nightly with TWRP 2.6.3.4 just fine. You can grab it for D800 here.
14th January 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hid3rs

Well now I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Even for custom recoveries there are different files to download for D800 and D802. I don't think my backup would be compatible with your variant.

If you want CM, try flashing Official Nightlies. I've heard they are stable. I flashed CM11 Nightly with TWRP 2.6.3.4 just fine. You can grab it for D800 here.

Mine never works. I think its a MD5 error or something. I can only get one version of CM running and I think it's 10.2, I assume my whole phone is just messed up. Not being able to flash CM or recoveries.
14th January 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #6  
New York
Thanks Meter: 836

2,070 posts
Try going back to stock and starting over? Did you by chance take the 10o ota? That seems to be causing issues for others.

Sent from my LG-D800
14th January 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr

Try going back to stock and starting over? Did you by chance take the 10o ota? That seems to be causing issues for others.

Sent from my LG-D800

I'm not sure.

Is there a windows software out there that can bring me to stock sort of like the NexusToolkit for Nexus devices.
14th January 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #8  
New York
Thanks Meter: 836

2,070 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceguy

I'm not sure.

Is there a windows software out there that can bring me to stock sort of like the NexusToolkit for Nexus devices.

Settings - about phone - software information

See what software version you have.

Sent from my LG-D800
14th January 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btm fdr

Settings - about phone - software information

See what software version you have.

Sent from my LG-D800

I'm currently running CyanogenMod "10.2.0-d800", there is no "Software Information" or "Version"
14th January 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Recovered back to Clean ROM 2.0

Software version: d80210b

EDIT:

Using this guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468858

I was able to get CWM.

So far I've come to the conclusion. The only way to change recoveries is through the PC and not from the phone it's self
Last edited by Traceguy; 15th January 2014 at 01:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank