XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New Battery and Flashing

Tip us?

cronixero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full [Q] New Battery and Flashing

Hello everyone and thanks to all the developers for the knowledge.

I've searched in the forum but still can't find the answer, so I have one question:

I bought a new battery, wich is still in the blister. I've already flashed my phone before (specifically Infuse 4g) with Custom Rooms, and had no problem.

My question is if it's good to use the new battery and flash the cellphone after charging it completely (i've read already battery university and pages like that for the health of the battery), or, if is it better to keep the actual battery, then flash, and then change the battery for the new one.
I know it's possible to re-calibrate the battery after flashing with programs, but I also believe that the first charge it's extremely important for the new one, and the stats for the previous one might affect the new one.

What would you recommend?

Thanks.

prafull07
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I think it's good to use the new battery and flash the cellphone after
charging it completely
The Following User Says Thank You to prafull07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glenthompson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You should def go ahead with the new battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to glenthompson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PradeepMurugan
Old
Thanks Meter 241

DONATE TO ME
There is nothing related with battery and flashing roms
Only sometimes you may get calibration problem which can be simply calibrating battery by using battery calibration app from playstore or deleting battery_stats.bin file

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to PradeepMurugan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nitro1max1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It doesn't really matter to much when you flash the rom, just i would clear the battery stats after you flash it just to be sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitro1max1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]