5,598,297 Members 48,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PPSSPP

Tip us?
 
IzArsha
Old
#1  
IzArsha's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 218
Posts: 402
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bandar Seri Begawan

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] PPSSPP

Just a question, anyone tried PPSSPP on our note 3? how was it? Share your experience and setting.
If I do help, don't forget to press thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 32GB White running ► [My own KitKat Custom Rom (IzArsha Mark 7 Android EvolutionX)] ◄
 
bezzo0
Old
#2  
bezzo0's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Ppsspp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzArsha View Post
Just a question, anyone tried PPSSPP on our note 3? how was it? Share your experience and setting.
It's been working pretty good for me so far. You may have to fiddle with your settings for every game. Once you get it, the games run pretty great. Surprisingly so. Make sure you check out the compatibility list before you spend time trying to get a game to work. Some games are just broken. Mostly it depends what kind of games you're into. Rpg's or turn based games seem the way to go. Most action oriented games are nearly impossible unless you have a secondary controller. With that being said, PPSSPP gives you a great deal of control in customizing your controller layout... Now if I could only adjust the analog sensitivity.....
 
IzArsha
Old
#3  
IzArsha's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 218
Posts: 402
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bandar Seri Begawan

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzo0 View Post
It's been working pretty good for me so far. You may have to fiddle with your settings for every game. Once you get it, the games run pretty great. Surprisingly so. Make sure you check out the compatibility list before you spend time trying to get a game to work. Some games are just broken. Mostly it depends what kind of games you're into. Rpg's or turn based games seem the way to go. Most action oriented games are nearly impossible unless you have a secondary controller. With that being said, PPSSPP gives you a great deal of control in customizing your controller layout... Now if I could only adjust the analog sensitivity.....
I tried tenchu shadow assasin but got stuck on the story screen (black screen), any work around?
If I do help, don't forget to press thanks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 32GB White running ► [My own KitKat Custom Rom (IzArsha Mark 7 Android EvolutionX)] ◄
 
Dimitris Dinozzo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Apr 2013
i get black screen ... and on the forum from ppsspp no 1 can help me 2 ...
 
bezzo0
Old
#5  
bezzo0's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default hmmm

I don't see tenchu compatibility list. That doesnt mean it won't work. What devices are ya'll using?
What's your general settings?

Also go to the ppsspp website and install the latest build and see if that helps. They seem to add new versions daily.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzArsha View Post
I tried tenchu shadow assasin but got stuck on the story screen (black screen), any work around?
Try disabling hardware transform and mips. Then try the different buffer modes. Just create a save state right where your having trouble. Try a different setting, and load that save state. Rinse and repeat until it works, or until you run out of options. I've also had trouble running a handful of games. My advice is to put the buggy games on the back burner for awhile. Eventually they'll get fixed. In the meantime play something else. Also tenchu seems a little tough for touch screen controls. Without a dedicated l and r button you'd have trouble playing it. You could always map the volume rocker to l and r, but it's a little annoying...
 
jamesmuking5
Old
#6  
jamesmuking5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 175
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Kuching
I switched off buffering. Improved graphics display by alot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390263579675.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2528870  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Easily Configure Xposed Module Projects in Eclipse

XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s innovative and versatile Xposed Framework allows … more

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more