OP RBarnett09

19th January 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 284

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
I recently came off of the MB1 radio to the newer MF1 radio.
Has anyone been using the new ML1 and compared results of which radio receives the best reception?

I know it may very by geographic location but am interested in what others find.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 160

1,070 posts
More
Both seem the same to me. The biggest difference I noticed is ML1 drops down to 3G much more often. I almost never saw 3G with MF1 as it would stay in a low 4G instead. I'm guessing they opted to drop down to 3G for a better user experience if it was stronger than a weak 4G.

Sent from my SCH-I535
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBrady For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrady

Both seem the same to me. The biggest difference I noticed is ML1 drops down to 3G much more often. I almost never saw 3G with MF1 as it would stay in a low 4G instead. I'm guessing they opted to drop down to 3G for a better user experience if it was stronger than a weak 4G.

Sent from my SCH-I535

This would also improve battery life... makes sense.

21st January 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 195

571 posts
More
I really don't see any difference and I am on my phone heavy every day from morning to night. I also don't travel much outside of the normal work, shopping, mall, etc areas by me in NY. Furthermore, 4G is very prevalent in my area. I am rarely on anything less than 4G and even in my home, I have 4-5 bars of 4G at all times. #LoveMyBigRed
22nd January 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 176

829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrady

Agreed about the similar performance. Except LTE is a more efficient protocol than CDMA is... however if there's a low LTE signal and the phone is smart enough to stop trying to ping the LTE band, that could save some juice. The constant polling and searching, be it data to wifi, drains the battery more than a constant or static location connection.
25th January 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Speaking from my own experience my ping time on speed test have improved drastically. Call quality is a bit better as well. I still get the same speed test results ranging from 25Mbps down to 72Mbps down. Text are sending and receiving a bit faster as well for me.
25th January 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesn2k

Speaking from my own experience my ping time on speed test have improved drastically. Call quality is a bit better as well. I still get the same speed test results ranging from 25Mbps down to 72Mbps down. Text are sending and receiving a bit faster as well for me.

On MF1 or ML1?

25th January 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
ML1, I ota'd so I'm running the whole new sha'bang.
21st January 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 16

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarnett09

I recently came off of the MB1 radio to the newer MF1 radio.
Has anyone been using the new ML1 and compared results of which radio receives the best reception?

I know it may very by geographic location but am interested in what others find.

Do not use ML1 unless you go to a touchwiz 4.3 rom. If you are staying on 4.1.2 or AOSP stick with MF1. If you go to the touchwiz 4.3 you will need the ML1.
21st January 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Tardis

Do not use ML1 unless you go to a touchwiz 4.3 rom. If you are staying on 4.1.2 or AOSP stick with MF1. If you go to the touchwiz 4.3 you will need the ML1.

I'm on AOSP 4.4.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread