Tip us?

KingDavidIII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service [Q] Network Unlock

Phone: AT&T Galaxy S3 version 4.3 SGH-1747

Background:

I am Australian and I was in America for 3 months. At the start of the trip I needed a new phone so I bought an AT&T S3 SGH-I747. Before purchasing I made sure to ask whether I could unlock it as soon as I walked out of the store if I needed due to I had to head to Australia where there is no AT&T service. I got told Yes. I went back in before leaving America and they said just to do online. I did process online and it told me to wait 7 day. 9 days later I got told it couldn't be unlocked due to 6month period. I called up and they said they would unlock it. 9 days later they said it couldn't be unlocked and I had missed their call (phone was in Australia so no reception). So far I have had 200 of international minutes (through skype so didn't cost much) and waited over a month to try get this unlocked always in a state of 7days or less to unlock. I am now waiting on a Supervisors's Supervisors's Supervisors's Supervisor to give me a call back however I don't think it is happening as they said 24 hours and it has been 72. I really need this phone unlocked. It is on 4.3 and hence I can't get it unlocked with the 4.1.1 trick. I am a software engineer so technical instructions are not a problem.

Question:
How can I get this phone unlocked within the next 48 hours maximum? I wouldn't mind buying an unlock code if there is no other way and if that is the best option which is the safest site to do it on?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 268
I read in other posts that people were able to get the unlock code via AT&T online chat support.

The safest way to unlock your phone would be to buy a code; however, you may have to get the code from a non-US unlocker due to the USA's laws regarding unlocking of phone manufactured after January 26, 2013.

KingDavidIII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
I read in other posts that people were able to get the unlock code via AT&T online chat support.

The safest way to unlock your phone would be to buy a code; however, you may have to get the code from a non-US unlocker due to the USA's laws regarding unlocking of phone manufactured after January 26, 2013.
Unfortunately I have tried that and I cannot get to a decent representative who can do anything but tell me to try through their online system which will tell me I'm not eligible due to I had to pre-pay and hence am on a GoPhone which they don't give any decent customer service. 2 hours of calls to reps and 16 different people.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Sounds like you'll have to go with an unlock code. It's the safest since you're on a 4.3 ROM.

KingDavidIII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Sounds like you'll have to go with an unlock code. It's the safest since you're on a 4.3 ROM.
Could you recommend a safe place to buy it?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Sorry, I can't recommend any unlockers as I unlocked my s3 myself using the stock 4.1.1 ROM.