Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] BootLoop problem for Telus HTC One X

Tip us?

Sumairn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] BootLoop problem for Telus HTC One X

So I decided to root my HTC One X for the first time and install a custom ROM. I had unlocked the bootloader and added clockworkmod recovery, I had also created a back up. When I went to install Android Revolution HD I watched the video it provided and did everything exactly but what it didn't show was that I had to install the rom's zip file into my internal SD card before flashing the ROM and now it is stuck in a bootloop. I tried to fix it by clearing cashes, restoring, etc but now when I try to enter recovery through bootloader the phone just shuts off after it shows the splash screen. I was wondering if anyone would know how to excess the recovery through another means, I also tried used the "adb fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" but it says device not found.

convict_moody
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumairn View Post
So I decided to root my HTC One X for the first time and install a custom ROM. I had unlocked the bootloader and added clockworkmod recovery, I had also created a back up. When I went to install Android Revolution HD I watched the video it provided and did everything exactly but what it didn't show was that I had to install the rom's zip file into my internal SD card before flashing the ROM and now it is stuck in a bootloop. I tried to fix it by clearing cashes, restoring, etc but now when I try to enter recovery through bootloader the phone just shuts off after it shows the splash screen. I was wondering if anyone would know how to excess the recovery through another means, I also tried used the "adb fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" but it says device not found.
Please make sure if ur phone is EndeavorU or Evita...
and reply.
MaiN DeViCe: HTC One X ( International Edition)

HBOOT: S-ON 1.39 (Unlocked)
Recovery: ClockWorldMod v6.1
ROM: AOSBProBam<KITKAT>

Android Version: 4.4.2 <KITKAT>
MODS:- Xposed Framework
- Cydia Substrate

----------------------------------------
If I Helped Hit Thanks Button..
If U Helped Thanks Button Is Hitten.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8335

DONATE TO ME
You mean you have a telsus AT&T variant phone. Codename EVITA ? check your bootloader and what it says there. Entering the recovery should be fixed with

Fastboot erase cache

And don't put ADB in front. That's the wrong command.

And if you have the evita you are in the wrong forum. If that's the case you have to flash roms and recoverys from the HTC one XL forum !

convict_moody
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
I just remembered that Telus HOX is HOXL,

Here where u should search for ur ROMs and Recoveries:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-x-att
MaiN DeViCe: HTC One X ( International Edition)

HBOOT: S-ON 1.39 (Unlocked)
Recovery: ClockWorldMod v6.1
ROM: AOSBProBam<KITKAT>

Android Version: 4.4.2 <KITKAT>
MODS:- Xposed Framework
- Cydia Substrate

----------------------------------------
If I Helped Hit Thanks Button..
If U Helped Thanks Button Is Hitten.

Sumairn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
You mean you have a telsus AT&T variant phone. Codename EVITA ? check your bootloader and what it says there. Entering the recovery should be fixed with

Fastboot erase cache

And don't put ADB in front. That's the wrong command.

And if you have the evita you are in the wrong forum. If that's the case you have to flash roms and recoverys from the HTC one XL forum !
I do have the evita but it said HTC One X on their site and when I checked the system information before I rooted it, I guess that might be why the ROM never worked. The main problem I have is that when I go into bootloader and select recovery the phone just shuts off so I can't access the recovery.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8335

DONATE TO ME
Well this is not the place to continue. Go to the xl forum and download a recovery from a link they provide there and try and continue the issues there

Cheers and good luck