- Cleared the data and cache for the Google Play Store, Download Manager, and Google Services Framework.
- Uninstalled updates for the Google Play Store and Google Services Framework.
- Deleted and re-added my Google account.
- Hard reset.
- Downgraded to 4.3 and re-upgraded to 4.4.2.
- Tried to download the apps and games from the Google Play website, and get "An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later."
- Changed the filter and proxy settings on my Cisco router.
- Switched to LTE, and... same thing.
- Created another Google account, and it worked, but I will NOT be forced to re-purchase the apps I've spent nearly $80.00 on over the years, or upload my music collection to Google Music again.
- Reached out to Google for help, and... crickets.
I'm at the end of my rope. If this isn't resolved soon, I'm returning the Nexus to Wal-Mart. I've NEVER had this sort of issue before, even with my first-generation Nexus 7. I've had Android tablets since my Motorola Xoom awhile back. I've ALWAYS had Android tablets. I'd hate to have to abandon Android because of this idiocy, but I may have to do so. I don't want to have to go with Apple for both my smartphone and tablet, but it's starting to look that way.
If anyone has any suggestions that aren't listed above, please, help me out. I love my Nexus 7, but without apps and games, it's pretty worthless.
Thanks in advance.