XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] help help help

Tip us?

jarhead0231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [q] help help help

My gf is on the ls980 with sprint and she is rooted on the optimus rom. twrp 2.3.4. lokified. she took the sprint ota and now the phone only boots into recovery no matter what i do. restore or load a new rom wont work. Please help..

clapper66
Old
Thanks Meter 28
umm

you said TWRP 2.3.4 did you mean 2.6.3.4? i know TWRP 2.6.3.4 supports OTG cables. If you have an OTG cable you could put a rom on a flash drive and it and try to flash it.

doktor buknasty
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0231 View Post
My gf is on the ls980 with sprint and she is rooted on the optimus rom. twrp 2.3.4. lokified. she took the sprint ota and now the phone only boots into recovery no matter what i do. restore or load a new rom wont work. Please help..
Search and read: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
Current: HTC Vivid (White)
Rom: Stock

Previous
Inspire 4G
Rom: Bindroid

Franketo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Saving LG G2 after unwanted OTA caused boot loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktor buknasty View Post
This works on International D802. I had stock rooted rom with CWM (6.0.4.4), Xposed ( G2 Xposed, G2 tweakbox, Advanced Power Settings, App Settings), Tasker w/ Secure Settings and whatnot. So I applied OTA. Not good for the phone and the Ingress Ressistance. I was stuck at LG screen for 2 sec, reboot, rinse and repeat. Download mode was no go. Luckily I was able to enter recovery mode. Tried to restore..no luck. And after staying up till 4AM (thanx to the xda forum). I tried G2 back to stock with kdz thread. Couldn't enter download mode. I changed few USB cables, three comps and voila it entered DL mode. Unfortunately that was on Linux box...so no LG flash tool. Arghhhhh.
Next step...Linux needed, no knowledge, just sensible use of copy/paste. Enter recovery, wipe everything you can. Reboot to recovery and yes, root please. Now you should have adb. Do the following (thank you thecube)
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
If you get any errors...don't worry. I managed to execute only line 2.
Reboot to recovery w/ root and again wipe everything (it worked for me, might not be needed), and copy/paste again.
Code:
adb shell
mount /data (disregard errors)
mkdir -p /data/media/0
exit (do not forget to exit shell)
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0  ( where rom.zip is up to you..i used Black Pearl ROM)
Now watch that coursor. If it is not blinking...you are almost there. When push is completed, install rom. zip as usuall.

jarhead0231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franketo View Post
This works on International D802. I had stock rooted rom with CWM (6.0.4.4), Xposed ( G2 Xposed, G2 tweakbox, Advanced Power Settings, App Settings), Tasker w/ Secure Settings and whatnot. So I applied OTA. Not good for the phone and the Ingress Ressistance. I was stuck at LG screen for 2 sec, reboot, rinse and repeat. Download mode was no go. Luckily I was able to enter recovery mode. Tried to restore..no luck. And after staying up till 4AM (thanx to the xda forum). I tried G2 back to stock with kdz thread. Couldn't enter download mode. I changed few USB cables, three comps and voila it entered DL mode. Unfortunately that was on Linux box...so no LG flash tool. Arghhhhh.
Next step...Linux needed, no knowledge, just sensible use of copy/paste. Enter recovery, wipe everything you can. Reboot to recovery and yes, root please. Now you should have adb. Do the following (thank you thecube)
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
If you get any errors...don't worry. I managed to execute only line 2.
Reboot to recovery w/ root and again wipe everything (it worked for me, might not be needed), and copy/paste again.
Code:
adb shell
mount /data (disregard errors)
mkdir -p /data/media/0
exit (do not forget to exit shell)
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0  ( where rom.zip is up to you..i used Black Pearl ROM)
Now watch that coursor. If it is not blinking...you are almost there. When push is completed, install rom. zip as usuall.

DOES NOT WORK says adb not found.

fma965
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0231 View Post
DOES NOT WORK says adb not found.
Are you even on Linux? And have adb / Android sdk

Sent from my LG-D802

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY MAKE SURE YOU TYPE "@Fma965" OR "QUOTE" MY POST