Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft button screen off

Tip us?

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Default Soft button screen off

I'm on android 4.3 and noticed that it no longer has a soft screen off button on my notification pull down menu. I loved this feature on my previous ROM since it saves me from using the hard home or power buttons.

I looked through google play store but was unable to find an app. I don't need it to lock but to just turn off the screen.

Any suggestions please?

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2545 View Post
I'm on android 4.3 and noticed that it no longer has a soft screen off button on my notification pull down menu. I loved this feature on my previous ROM since it saves me from using the hard home or power buttons.

I looked through google play store but was unable to find an app. I don't need it to lock but to just turn off the screen.

Any suggestions please?
How did you turn the screen back on ???

You could use something like power toggles, add the toggles that locks screen, then go to lock screen and set it to none.

That worked for me. I just tried it. Not sure if that's really what you are looking for.....

That turns off the screen, and pressing home button or power button turns screen back on.
"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!" But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo! 3 Amigos
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DoctorQMM
Old
Thanks Meter 623
Did you look at "Screen Off and Lock" in PlayStore? I think it had ability to add screen off in dropdown notification.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoctorQMM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]