How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Carrier Unlocking Sprints Photon Q

OP Morecrabs

30th January 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
Ok, b4 I get 15 people Pointing me to an irrelevant Thread Not related to this Device , Directing someone to a thread where they arent Interested in the device supported in this forum doesnt provide answers lets discuss In detail carrier unlocking this device

1. Can this be accomplished by Flashing a new Radio Firmware? if so does one exist?

2. if this can be accomplished VIA RadioComm Has anyone dabbled in the MPQ Firmware Specificly for US carriers?

3. there are No threads specifically Covering this topic pertaining to this device and Instead of redirecting everyone Lets start one
30th January 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 3,429

1,435 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecrabs

Ok, b4 I get 15 people Pointing me to an irrelevant Thread Not related to this Device , Directing someone to a thread where they arent Interested in the device supported in this forum doesnt provide answers lets discuss In detail carrier unlocking this device

1. Can this be accomplished by Flashing a new Radio Firmware? if so does one exist?

2. if this can be accomplished VIA RadioComm Has anyone dabbled in the MPQ Firmware Specificly for US carriers?

3. there are No threads specifically Covering this topic pertaining to this device and Instead of redirecting everyone Lets start one

1. No

2. Yes

You need to be on stock ics firmware for the NV edit to succeed and stick.
Use Android 4.0.4 Blur_Version.77.8.14.XT897.Sprint.en.US - http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=3
If you're downgrading from jellybean, you have to remove the line with flash gpt_main0.bin from the xml file, otherwise the flashing via rsdlite will fail.
Code:
<step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="6C05E70F1DCC59AD92B0BBEC4E6100ED" />
The firmware thread is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095536

Then you can follow this (RadioComm):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542
or this (CDMA WS) guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386871

After it's done, you should flash the stock Android 4.1.2 via rsdlite, then install CM10.2 (or any other custom ROM) again.
Last edited by kabaldan; 30th January 2014 at 01:09 PM.
31st January 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
soo i have reason to believe this device I bought is actually a developer Model under my developer Options it has a development device ID d7vk-gus7-rvcl-s does that mean this unit is already carrier unlocked and i can simply skip the Radio comm steps? Im having a few radio Comm issues that are making me alil squimish it keeps telling me its not loading the card driver, because of a 64/32 bit difference and it tells me that it wont be able to properly enumerate values

any radiocomm setup suggestions?
31st January 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #4  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 936

2,243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecrabs

soo i have reason to believe this device I bought is actually a developer Model under my developer Options it has a development device ID d7vk-gus7-rvcl-s does that mean this unit is already carrier unlocked and i can simply skip the Radio comm steps? Im having a few radio Comm issues that are making me alil squimish it keeps telling me its not loading the card driver, because of a 64/32 bit difference and it tells me that it wont be able to properly enumerate values

any radiocomm setup suggestions?

That development ID is simply for identifying your device under debugging circumstances like ADB, every device has them. Also, flashing another ROM changes this value.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
1st February 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
ok so that was a dumb decision to come to, but its not something id ever seen on any of my other android devices, Droid 1,2,4 samsung captivate glide, so i figured it was related to the developer Models

Do I need to run my copy of radio Comm on a 32 bit machine to accomplish this hacking?

my 64 bit machines seem to have driver related issues with the software
2nd February 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
was wondering if anyone could help me setup the drivers, I keep getting errors with Radio comm and cdma workshop, and it all boils down to driver issues, with cdma workshop i cant get the QC port setup because IM missing a driver, and with radio comm, I cant get it to communicate properly with the phone once i boot into fastboot any help suggestions? ive installed the moto drivers and setup on a PC with a 32 bit version of win7 starter to allow radio comm to setup properly

In radio comm it will ID the phone as xt897 and i can get software version if its booted into OS, but it will do nothing else
Last edited by Morecrabs; 2nd February 2014 at 02:57 AM. Reason: added more info
22nd October 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 18

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
So once these steps are used to unlock the phone, which carriers can be used and how does flashing of carrier info occur?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread