XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Carrier Unlocking Sprints Photon Q

Tip us?

Morecrabs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Carrier Unlocking Sprints Photon Q

Ok, b4 I get 15 people Pointing me to an irrelevant Thread Not related to this Device , Directing someone to a thread where they arent Interested in the device supported in this forum doesnt provide answers lets discuss In detail carrier unlocking this device

1. Can this be accomplished by Flashing a new Radio Firmware? if so does one exist?

2. if this can be accomplished VIA RadioComm Has anyone dabbled in the MPQ Firmware Specificly for US carriers?

3. there are No threads specifically Covering this topic pertaining to this device and Instead of redirecting everyone Lets start one

kabaldan
Old
(Last edited by kabaldan; 30th January 2014 at 12:09 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecrabs View Post
Ok, b4 I get 15 people Pointing me to an irrelevant Thread Not related to this Device , Directing someone to a thread where they arent Interested in the device supported in this forum doesnt provide answers lets discuss In detail carrier unlocking this device

1. Can this be accomplished by Flashing a new Radio Firmware? if so does one exist?

2. if this can be accomplished VIA RadioComm Has anyone dabbled in the MPQ Firmware Specificly for US carriers?

3. there are No threads specifically Covering this topic pertaining to this device and Instead of redirecting everyone Lets start one
1. No

2. Yes

You need to be on stock ics firmware for the NV edit to succeed and stick.
Use Android 4.0.4 Blur_Version.77.8.14.XT897.Sprint.en.US - http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=3
If you're downgrading from jellybean, you have to remove the line with flash gpt_main0.bin from the xml file, otherwise the flashing via rsdlite will fail.
Code:
<step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="6C05E70F1DCC59AD92B0BBEC4E6100ED" />
The firmware thread is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095536

Then you can follow this (RadioComm):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2166542
or this (CDMA WS) guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386871

After it's done, you should flash the stock Android 4.1.2 via rsdlite, then install CM10.2 (or any other custom ROM) again.

Morecrabs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
soo i have reason to believe this device I bought is actually a developer Model under my developer Options it has a development device ID d7vk-gus7-rvcl-s does that mean this unit is already carrier unlocked and i can simply skip the Radio comm steps? Im having a few radio Comm issues that are making me alil squimish it keeps telling me its not loading the card driver, because of a 64/32 bit difference and it tells me that it wont be able to properly enumerate values

any radiocomm setup suggestions?

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecrabs View Post
soo i have reason to believe this device I bought is actually a developer Model under my developer Options it has a development device ID d7vk-gus7-rvcl-s does that mean this unit is already carrier unlocked and i can simply skip the Radio comm steps? Im having a few radio Comm issues that are making me alil squimish it keeps telling me its not loading the card driver, because of a 64/32 bit difference and it tells me that it wont be able to properly enumerate values

any radiocomm setup suggestions?
That development ID is simply for identifying your device under debugging circumstances like ADB, every device has them. Also, flashing another ROM changes this value.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (CM11 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)

Morecrabs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok so that was a dumb decision to come to, but its not something id ever seen on any of my other android devices, Droid 1,2,4 samsung captivate glide, so i figured it was related to the developer Models

Do I need to run my copy of radio Comm on a 32 bit machine to accomplish this hacking?

my 64 bit machines seem to have driver related issues with the software

Morecrabs
Old
(Last edited by Morecrabs; 2nd February 2014 at 01:57 AM.) Reason: added more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
was wondering if anyone could help me setup the drivers, I keep getting errors with Radio comm and cdma workshop, and it all boils down to driver issues, with cdma workshop i cant get the QC port setup because IM missing a driver, and with radio comm, I cant get it to communicate properly with the phone once i boot into fastboot any help suggestions? ive installed the moto drivers and setup on a PC with a 32 bit version of win7 starter to allow radio comm to setup properly

In radio comm it will ID the phone as xt897 and i can get software version if its booted into OS, but it will do nothing else