Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 Powers off after android splash screen - any options other than factory wipe?

Tip us?

Valacer2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] S4 Powers off after android splash screen - any options other than factory wipe?

Or at least i think its powering off - i punch in my encryption passcode, it goes to android splash screen, then zip...

I have been looking at other threads and searching (this forum is huge!) but not yet found an answer, certainly not one where i dont factory wipe.

The phone was on the official optus 4.3 firmware

What i did was I used Odin 1.85, and the appropriate CF auto-root from here (cant link yet, not enough posts)

Powered off the thing, took battery out for over an hour, twice, still the same

Just trying to re-root the phone so i can back it up again, it had been a while since using Titanium

Follow the typical instructions, seemed to go fine, it just gives me the green android screen for about two seconds after encryption key is put in and always goes off

I wiped the cache too, and i flashed the current firmware again using odin (Aus OPTUS 4.3 official) - still the same.

Anyone got any ideas for me>?

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 30th January 2014 at 06:39 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1888

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valacer2 View Post
Or at least i think its powering off - i punch in my encryption passcode, it goes to android splash screen, then zip...

I have been looking at other threads and searching (this forum is huge!) but not yet found an answer, certainly not one where i dont factory wipe.

The phone was on the official optus 4.3 firmware

What i did was I used Odin 1.85, and the appropriate CF auto-root from here (cant link yet, not enough posts)

Powered off the thing, took battery out for over an hour, twice, still the same

Just trying to re-root the phone so i can back it up again, it had been a while since using Titanium

Follow the typical instructions, seemed to go fine, it just gives me the green android screen for about two seconds after encryption key is put in and always goes off

I wiped the cache too, and i flashed the current firmware again using odin (Aus OPTUS 4.3 official) - still the same.

Anyone got any ideas for me>?
If your phone keep's turning it off by it self then try to use a spare battery.maybe the problem is the battery and check your battery as well if the serial number starts with BD and that should need to be change soon.

Sent from Hell ��

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

Valacer2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
If your phone keep's turning it off by it self then try to use a spare battery.maybe the problem is the battery and check your battery as well if the serial number starts with BD and that should need to be change soon.

Sent from Hell ��
Tried two different batteries.

I would think it coincidental both would prove faulty right after i tried to root!

Thanks mate

Valacer2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I just wiped the phone - i had to get it working, ahh well