XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible root for TW 4.4.2 ???

Tip us?

mattwheat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default Possible root for TW 4.4.2 ???

This in no way is my apk, nor did I have any involvement in developing it.

I was just surfing through the play store and stumbled across this. I'm rooted on MDL boot loader with TWRP and Graviton installed. So needless to say I don't need this but I thought if the devs would like to take a gander at it and see if it could possibly help out or could potentially be a root. Who knows? I don't know enough about .apk script or code to know either way.

Just sharing the find in case it helps.

Again not my apk nor did I have any involvement in it...

Play store link :

"Root Galaxy S4"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.RootGalaxyS4

Hope it helps. But it may be crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NighthawkXL
Old
(Last edited by NighthawkXL; 30th January 2014 at 08:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
Conclusion : This is scamware just out there to drain $6.00 out of your hard earned money. Can a mod please remove the link / close the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat View Post
This in no way is my apk, nor did I have any involvement in developing it.

I was just surfing through the play store and stumbled across this. I'm rooted on MDL boot loader with TWRP and Graviton installed. So needless to say I don't need this but I thought if the devs would like to take a gander at it and see if it could possibly help out or could potentially be a root. Who knows? I don't know enough about .apk script or code to know either way.

Just sharing the find in case it helps.

Again not my apk nor did I have any involvement in it...

Play store link :

"Root Galaxy S4"
*Removed*

Hope it helps. But it may be crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
This is nothing but a scam app from the looks of it, it's filed under the Books & Reference category. The way the description is worded also makes it sound fishy...

Quote:
This app provides most secure and 100% tested method to root your Samsung Galaxy S4. Rooting your device from some professional would cost you around $50. This app not only saves your money but also provides free helpline. We have included a tutorial with pictorial illustration. Method is Specially deigned for newbies who do not have any prior knowledge of rooting. This method consists of 7 easy steps and it would take you less than 5 minutes to root your android device.
Grammar errors, among other things like a helpline really? Also the lack of any substantial reviews (3 Total, 2 buy the same guy) and the company who supplies the app has other apps that look identical for other devices. Also, a iOS device jailbreak app on the Play Store for Android? What...
My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
  • ROM - Purified [4.4.2]
  • Baseband - MK2 (MLD)
  • Root - Yes
  • Recovery - SafeStrap 3.72
----------------------------------------------------------
B&N Nook Color
  • ROM - MROM-encore [4.2.2]
  • Root - Yes
  • Kernel - Customized Stock
  • Recovery - CWM
----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying my help? Feel free to help feed this broke college student.

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13092
Review above and wade into the dark, murky, waters at your own peril...
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe