Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][Xperia V] Stuck on Sony Logo after Flashing

Tip us?

DhaBhoss16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q][Xperia V] Stuck on Sony Logo after Flashing

Hi everyone!

I have searched the forums far and wide for an issue similar to my concern but I really haven't find anything, so I do hope someone would be able to help me out.

I am currently using an Xperia V with 140 Firmware, with Locked Bootloader (Unable to unlock) and I am trying to flash a Custom Rom to my phone. Actually, there are 2 different ROMs that I am trying (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491552 <--[ROM][V] Honami Experience v1 White & Black Versions [22/10/13] and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2503417 <---[ROM][JB][V][ALL BL] 100% dark * 100% colored * 100% worked * uniQue 2.1.3 odex * NEW * DEODEX PATCH *)

I encounter the issue on both, even though that it says on both installations that it was successful. The process that I do would be the following:
1. Use Flashtool with LT25_9.1.A.1.140_CE.ftf. No errors encountered, and I was able to restart and run the phone properly after that
2. Root the phone using Doom_Lord's method. No errors encountered as well, and SuperSU was installed properly
3. Install CWM v9 installer for JB (Got it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012738). No errors encountered too, and I was able to enter recovery mode after restart
4. Factory Reset, Clear Cache, Clear Dalvik Cache. All successful, no errors encountered
5. Select Install Flash from SD, and I got no error message from trying to install both Custom ROMs
6. Restarted Phone after installation
7. Stuck on Sony Logo. >.< Waited for 10+ minutes, but it's just stuck in there. Tried entering recovery mode, but phone is not responding

Same process for both ROMs, same exact results. >.<

I was able to use my phone again by repeating step 1, but I'm just wondering, would it still be possible for me to install those custom ROMs? Or am I stuck forever with my Stock ROM? I really want to know what else do I need to do. Any assistance regarding this concern would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

shadowhunter20
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Have you tried using older version of CWM? try using the v8 or v6..
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowhunter20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DhaBhoss16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ooooh, didn't notice the warning about v9. Will try those versions out, and reply here once done. Thanks for the advice! =)

DhaBhoss16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
V8 worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the assistance!

shadowhunter20
Old
Thanks Meter 20
that's good news! enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowhunter20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brahim-islam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
:g ood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhunter20 View Post
that's good news! enjoy!