Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cleanest way to backup and restore Apps+Data?

Tip us?

Ned_Flanders
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Cleanest way to backup and restore Apps+Data?

So yesterday I used an App called System Control Pro to backup all my Apps+Data before I flashed SinlessRom coming from stock.

Flashed the ROM, reinstalled System Control Pro and restored the Apps+Data, but almost all the apps when opening them show the unfortunately the app is not responding force close message. The backup did a terrible job, although I did do a TWRP backup (Nandroid?) before flashing the rom.

Anyway what is the cleanest most stable solution to backing up the Apps+Data? After flashing ROM's I want my Apps+Data to be restored and working cleanly.

Should I be using something like Titanium Backup instead, or is there some other good apps out there?

Thanks

AarSyl
Old
Thanks Meter 706
TB has always been very solid for me. I use it all of the time, and very very rarely has it ever failed me...but usually it was my error or oversight.
The Following User Says Thank You to AarSyl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

datallboy
Old
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
TB is nice, but it gets annoying having to restore each app separately. I tried TWRP nandoid, and when I did a factory reset, it messed up because of permission issues.

I used CWM recovery on my Nook Tablet, and it always worked for nandroid backups. Make an app+data backup, move the folder over to your computer, flash your rom, restore all your apps+data in CWM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Tablets

8GB Nook Tablet (Retired): Nexus 7 FHD 2013:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 2.7
  • Build: KOT49H

Phones

Nexus 5:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 0.34
  • Build: KOT49H

Email: datallboy@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to datallboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oadam11
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
TB is nice, but it gets annoying having to restore each app separately. I tried TWRP nandoid, and when I did a factory reset, it messed up because of permission issues.

I used CWM recovery on my Nook Tablet, and it always worked for nandroid backups. Make an app+data backup, move the folder over to your computer, flash your rom, restore all your apps+data in CWM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I would just buy the pro version of tb. It makes everything so much easier.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oadam11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ned_Flanders
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Titanium Backup it is then thanks all for your replies.