Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"com.android.systemui has stopped"

Tip us?
 
jamespat93
Old
(Last edited by jamespat93; 30th January 2014 at 05:34 PM.) Reason: Solved my problem
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 67
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default "com.android.systemui has stopped"

Yesterday I rooted my phone and put on Xposed and gravity box. Since then I've been downloading various things and trying out different customisation options. The last thing I download was MotoXposed and I made my navigation bar completely transparent, when I tried to disable the effect my phone just came up with the message 'unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'. Now I can't use my phone and the message keeps coming up everytime I turn it on. How can I fix this? or get my phone working again?

Don't worry I've fixed my phone completely now.
 
BlakeParker
Old
#2  
BlakeParker's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Default how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespat93 View Post
Yesterday I rooted my phone and put on Xposed and gravity box. Since then I've been downloading various things and trying out different customisation options. The last thing I download was MotoXposed and I made my navigation bar completely transparent, when I tried to disable the effect my phone just came up with the message 'unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'. Now I can't use my phone and the message keeps coming up everytime I turn it on. How can I fix this? or get my phone working again?

Don't worry I've fixed my phone completely now.
Can you tell me how did you solve it w/o reseting your phone?
 
marc_miranda
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 30
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker View Post
Can you tell me how did you solve it w/o reseting your phone?
Boot into recovery and flash Xposed-Recovery-Framework located at /sdcard . This is assuming the problem was caused by an Xposed module in the first place. Not sure whether OP uses this

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to marc_miranda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BlakeParker
Old
#4  
BlakeParker's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Thumbs up thnx

thnxx got it!
 
jamespat93
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 67
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker View Post
Can you tell me how did you solve it w/o reseting your phone?
All I had to do was reboot my phone and luckily (even though the message was still coming up) I could still use the touchscreen. This allowed me to go to the motoXposed module that caused the problems and undo the options I changed.
 
ekitiboy
Old
(Last edited by ekitiboy; 27th June 2014 at 10:58 AM.) Reason: Made some mistakes
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Unfortunately the process com android.systemui has stopped. Xposed Installer

Does anyone has any clue about this:
I have been having the same issue with my Galaxy S5.
I am using the rooted stock ROm with touchwhiz.
The issue started after I installed Xposed Installer with Wanam Xposed.
The "unfortunately the process com android.systemui has stopped" message does not come on until I received phone call while the phone is active. If I receive a call when the screen lock is on, the phone behaves normally.
The other issue I'm having with Xposed Installer are
1) a noticeable increase in lagging
2) apps takes close to 10 minutes to install
3) It takes a long time for the computer to see the phone after connecting them with USB....sometimes up to 15 minutes. thereafter it was not taking as long, but it was still being delayed.
I have flashed the phone three times with roughly the same observation after each flashing (i.e. issues cropping up only after installing Xposed Installer and some modules)
I'm going to try system tuner now...
 
edwardciasico
Old
#7  
edwardciasico's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Aug 2012
Did you managed to fixed it? I have the same problem as well!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
 
ekitiboy
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardciasico View Post
Did you managed to fixed it? I have the same problem as well!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
No I did not. I factory-reset the phone. Did not install xposed installer again and It's been working well since then. However, I'm still going to try it one last time...I'll keep you posted
 
jimnu
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2011
I resolved this by booting into recovery (TWM in my case) and then manually deleting the offending .apk file from /data/app.
 
ekitiboy
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnu View Post
I resolved this by booting into recovery (TWM in my case) and then manually deleting the offending .apk file from /data/app.
Which offending apk please?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes