Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to REMOVE Sprint Hands Free Activation Setup!!!

OP pitbull8265

30th January 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #1  
pitbull8265's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 411
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
through much trial and error, I am now "Activation Screen" Free.

Here is a list of what to do:

Download "root uninstaller" from Play store..(the version you need shows an Android Icon)

Use it to remove ALL Sprint related processes/APK's

Reboot your phone

This worked on mine, hope it works on yours.

Mine is rooted, s-off, TWRP flashed, and Custom "Bad Boys" Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to pitbull8265 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #2  
ryoung4316's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Donate to Me
More
Nice! Good job brother! Thanks for contributing to XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to ryoung4316 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #3  
elvisypi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 1,311
 
2,310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
LOL

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #4  
Robert542's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 165
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull8265

through much trial and error, I am now "Activation Screen" Free.

Here is a list of what to do:

Download "root uninstaller" from Play store..(the version you need shows an Android Icon)

Use it to remove ALL Sprint related processes/APK's

Reboot your phone

This worked on mine, hope it works on yours.

Mine is rooted, s-off, TWRP flashed, and Custom "Bad Boys" Rom

All you need to do is delete "htcsetupwizard.apk" in system apps folder. If you don't want to wait until the setup wizard lets you into the system follow these directions.
1. Boot into recovery
2. Mount system
3. Use file manager to get to system/apps and delete "htcsetupwizard.apk"
4. Unmount system
5. Wipe dalvic
6. Reboot to system
7. Pick your butt and sniff your finger.
On second thought you can skip step 7 if you want to but that's entirely up to you.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Robert542; 7th February 2014 at 02:52 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robert542 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Jalpaiguri
Thanks Meter: 31
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
I am not able to get past the activation screen after I flash a ROM. Tell me what to do. Also OP could you please provide me with a list of files that need to be deleted?
11th February 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #6  
Robert542's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 165
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanil

I am not able to get past the activation screen after I flash a ROM. Tell me what to do. Also OP could you please provide me with a list of files that need to be deleted?

Don't follow the OP's directions, just follow the method listed right above your question.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th June 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert542

Don't follow the OP's directions, just follow the method listed right above your question.

I followed those instructions too, well except #7, tempting as it is. No dice. HFA, pops back up again. I'm rooted, but am afraid the nasty HFA will muck up my Fire water S - Off process. Any other ideas?
11th February 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanil

I am not able to get past the activation screen after I flash a ROM. Tell me what to do. Also OP could you please provide me with a list of files that need to be deleted?

I had it hanging on activation after installing BadBoyz kitkat rom. I installed the newest Radio from Dec. rebooted, and didn't get hands free activation again at all.
19th February 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert542

All you need to do is delete "htcsetupwizard.apk" in system apps folder. If you don't want to wait until the setup wizard lets you into the system follow these directions.
1. Boot into recovery
2. Mount system
3. Use file manager to get to system/apps and delete "htcsetupwizard.apk"
4. Unmount system
5. Wipe dalvic
6. Reboot to system
7. Pick your butt and sniff your finger.
On second thought you can skip step 7 if you want to but that's entirely up to you.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've tried this, but still does work, any way to get rid of this annoying thing?

Rooted Stock 4.4

Edit: A few questions to ask.
I am able to bypass HFA, but I had to delete the .apks associated with what ever makes it happen.
When I install a ROM I always encounter HFA*makes me not want to install others, since I set-up the ones I use now so I don't encounter it*.
Are devs just implenting this cause of it's sprint branding, I understand why they would ,but crap is annoying.
Anyways, I'm reluctant to remove it, but it gets quite annoying when installing a rom it so happens to rear it's ugly head.
Last edited by v1ral; 6th March 2014 at 02:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to v1ral For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ral

I've tried this, but still does work, any way to get rid of this annoying thing?

Rooted Stock 4.4

Edit: A few questions to ask.
I am able to bypass HFA, but I had to delete the .apks associated with what ever makes it happen.

Which apks did you delete/rename to disable it? I have been renaming quite a few with no luck. Are there more than one app that can run HFA?

Edit: Found the answer... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2287
Last edited by vermy; 25th June 2014 at 04:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vermy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes