Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question in regards to posting

Tip us?
 
NghtWachman
Old
#1  
NghtWachman's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 44
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default [Q] Question in regards to posting

I've just tried posting in the Samsung Galaxy SIII Development section and was prevented from doing so with an error.

Is this normal procedure?

Please excuse my ignorance.

I'm hoping someone will give me an answer before this thread gets moved by Mods.

This is the message I'm getting;

Quote:
NghtWachman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Please Read: New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums. The developer forums are intended for experienced users and developers to discuss ways to improve technical aspects related to ROMs and Software. While you may be an expert, we ask ALL users to avoid posting questions about using or installing ROMs and software in the Development Forums. To encourage this new Users can read but not post in these forums.

To ask Questions about developing your device, installing ROMs, software and themes you must go to the Q&A or General Forum.

Remember, your question has very likely been asked already, so please search before posting.

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
 
Somcom3X
Old
#2  
Somcom3X's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1062
Posts: 2,333
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dearborn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NghtWachman View Post
I've just tried posting in the Samsung Galaxy SIII Development section and was prevented from doing so with an error.

Is this normal procedure?

Please excuse my ignorance.

I'm hoping someone will give me an answer before this thread gets moved by Mods.

This is the message I'm getting;
Ah. The newer development forums seem to lock you out until 10 posts past.
You'll get in there after 10 posts. I don't think a mod will close this thread :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

 
Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.
 
njstein
Old
#3  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 1,324
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somcom3X View Post
Ah. The newer development forums seem to lock you out until 10 posts past.
You'll get in there after 10 posts. I don't think a mod will close this thread :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
I think he was just posting that in here to reach the 10 post limit. He's a new user, I bet he posted that in 10 different device threads. Kind of a d-bag move imo.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
thomas.raines
Old
#4  
thomas.raines's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3253
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
I think he was just posting that in here to reach the 10 post limit. He's a new user, I bet he posted that in 10 different device threads. Kind of a d-bag move imo.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
True, it is trolling... he should have posted in his own device forum... All this together, I'd bet money he didn't read the rules...but oh well, what can we do about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel
Phone Support for the Lost
 
njstein
Old
#5  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 1,324
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boise
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines View Post
True, it is trolling... he should have posted in his own device forum... All this together, I'd bet money he didn't read the rules...but oh well, what can we do about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
Not a d@mn thing, just shake our collective heads and move on. Best thing would to be quit posting in it so it would travel down the line, HA!!
 
NghtWachman
Old
#6  
NghtWachman's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 44
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default I just lol'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
I think he was just posting that in here to reach the 10 post limit. He's a new user, I bet he posted that in 10 different device threads. Kind of a d-bag move imo.

Quote:
I think he was just posting that in here to reach the 10 post limit. He's a new user, I bet he posted that in 10 different device threads. Kind of a d-bag move imo.
Uhggg Damn, I wish I'd thought about it I should have just been posting one word reply to every posts and threads you guys make, not sure if that can make me catch up to you guys though..... I'm busted now.
 
njstein
Old
#7  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 1,324
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boise
Quote:
Originally Posted by NghtWachman View Post
Uhggg Damn, I wish I'd thought about it I should have just been posting one word reply to every posts and threads you guys make, not sure if that can make me catch up to you guys though..... I'm busted now.
Dude, I'm assuming you don't have a Blaze by your first post, so go away. Go post in your own phones forum. You are annoying.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
thomas.raines
Old
#8  
thomas.raines's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3253
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
Dude, I'm assuming you don't have a Blaze by your first post, so go away. Go post in your own phones forum. You are annoying.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Just report repeatedly and maybe the mod will tell him something...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel
Phone Support for the Lost
The Following User Says Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tommyboy8125
Old
#9  
tommyboy8125's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 175
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Florida
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=81

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app
 
Somcom3X
Old
#10  
Somcom3X's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1062
Posts: 2,333
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dearborn

 
DONATE TO ME
Crappalinks doesn't work anymore :/
I tried posting the link to the slim thread earlier today. Sorry man, just got home from a busy day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

 
Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more