Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PLEASE Help rooting problem

Tip us?

zigzagzz71
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default PLEASE Help rooting problem

Hi i am no stranger to rooting and ROMS i have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 rooted running JediMaster X2 from Pmtr. I tried rooting my wife's Samsung galaxy S3 well something happened....I am able to get into downloading screen and it is seen by ODIN....I am also able to go into recovery mode(using Team Win v2.5.0.0). I followed these instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563955 ..... I put
HellFire™KitKat 2.8 12/20 Stable on my ext sd when in recovery I click on install it starts to open file then it fails,,,,any thoughts ideas ? Please help

zigzagzz71
Old
(Last edited by zigzagzz71; 31st January 2014 at 09:10 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagzz71 View Post
Hi i am no stranger to rooting and ROMS i have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 rooted running JediMaster X2 from Pmtr. I tried rooting my wife's Samsung galaxy S3 well something happened....I am able to get into downloading screen and it is seen by ODIN....I am also able to go into recovery mode(using Team Win v2.5.0.0). I followed these instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563955 ..... I put
HellFire™KitKat 2.8 12/20 Stable on my ext sd when in recovery I click on install it starts to open file then it fails,,,,any thoughts ideas ? Please help

armkreuz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You need a newer version of TWRP to flash 4.4 Rom

Last one is 2.6.3.1

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to armkreuz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zigzagzz71
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
also on the Downloading screen i get the android guy with the " Do not turn off target"
in the upper left corner :
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME :SGH-T999
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD :YES (8 counts)
CURRENT BINARY : Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT :ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV:1

Kamau54
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
also on the Downloading screen i get the android guy with the " Do not turn off target"
in the upper left corner :
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME :SGH-T999
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD :YES (8 counts)
CURRENT BINARY : Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT :ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV:1
That's the page you get when you're going through Odin using your PC.

Sent from my Xoom using a Starfleet secured channel

Daily: To Be Determined
My GoTo Backup: Dandroid 4.12 [S3Rx MD5 4.1.2 TW] Full AOSP CM10 Theme
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamau54 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. Clown
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Fear the Clown
Thanks Meter 2289

DONATE TO ME
Thread moved to proper forum.

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 - Stock Rom 4.2.2 (Stolen)
T-Mobile SGH-T999 - Stock Rom 4.3
HTC HD2 : Nexus HD2 JB 4.1.2 (RIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Clown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zigzagzz71
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay i did the upgrade to TWRP 2.6.3.1 and roms are now working ......anything else i should make sure is installed? Is triangle away the way get rid of the CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD?

zigzagzz71
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
SuperSU says.....There is no binary installed, and super SU cannot install it. this is a problem! if you just upgraded to android 4.3 you need to manually re-root. Any clues on what to do?

zigzagzz71
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still having issue....after I updated to TWRP 2.6.3.1 I flashed the rooted stock image to get it back to square one and works but I when I went to put on a ROM from 2 different developers it gets stuck on reboot ....should I flash T mobile SG3 PIT? Any thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3380

DONATE TO ME
Can you post Recovery Log of the errors ? I will take a look.