5,606,722 Members 37,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xperia s Change OS to 4.4 cyanogenmod

Tip us?
 
zan0088
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] xperia s Change OS to 4.4 cyanogenmod

Dear forumers.

I usually do not ask stupid questions as that, but there I am very very confused

I just want to install some new OS to my XPERIA S (LT26i). Now I have all stock cellphone conditions with original 4.0.4 Android version.

My wish is to have phone fastest as it can be and all stable. I have read many many topics and guides there but I am still confused where to start. I need all flashtool, bootloader unlock, root, recovery, flash kernel, flash rom and do not know what to do first, second, third,... And I do not want to break up phone.

Can someone please kindly understand me and copy links of actual guides in right order? I need suggestions for 4.4 version OS-s too.

Best regards
 
@NUJ
Old
#2  
@NUJ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 337
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zan0088 View Post
Dear forumers.

I usually do not ask stupid questions as that, but there I am very very confused

I just want to install some new OS to my XPERIA S (LT26i). Now I have all stock cellphone conditions with original 4.0.4 Android version.

My wish is to have phone fastest as it can be and all stable. I have read many many topics and guides there but I am still confused where to start. I need all flashtool, bootloader unlock, root, recovery, flash kernel, flash rom and do not know what to do first, second, third,... And I do not want to break up phone.

Can someone please kindly understand me and copy links of actual guides in right order? I need suggestions for 4.4 version OS-s too.

Best regards
Y r u still on 4.0.4 when official jellybean is available

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
 
zan0088
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by @NUJ View Post
Y r u still on 4.0.4 when official jellybean is available

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
Is it? If I go to Update Center or on PC in Companion it says me that phone is up to date. It cant find any updates. I don't know why?
 
zan0088
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Can someone just tell me where I must begin, and what to do next, and what is the last thing to do? (guess flash new rom)
I just need order of work from all stock phone. I understend the guides and I can find them, but do not know what is the right order.
Probably you don't know that it is not so easy to first doing that, but for noobs that forum is so hard to understand especially because of risk to damage your phone is something goes wrong.

Pleeeeeeeeeease
 
franklin93
Old
#5  
franklin93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 186
Posts: 563
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Heart of India-Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by zan0088 View Post
Can someone just tell me where I must begin, and what to do next, and what is the last thing to do? (guess flash new rom)
I just need order of work from all stock phone. I understend the guides and I can find them, but do not know what is the right order.
Probably you don't know that it is not so easy to first doing that, but for noobs that forum is so hard to understand especially because of risk to damage your phone is something goes wrong.

Pleeeeeeeeeease
its very easy just use google.download jelly bean .96 firmware ftf and flash using flashtool.jelly bean is much faster and smoother than ics with few bugs that are not big deal to affect as a daily driver.just dont use cm based custom firmwares before unlocking bootloader.just flash official firmware as i said
XPERIA S WITH STOCK 6.2.1.96 jb firmware
LOCKED BOOTLOADER

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER SEVERAL TIMES
& TRIED MANY ROMS

I AM HERE TO HELP AND LEARN
PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU



After this bugfix from SONY there will be more roms for me to try
The Following User Says Thank You to franklin93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zan0088
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93 View Post
its very easy just use google.download jelly bean .96 firmware ftf and flash using flashtool.jelly bean is much faster and smoother than ics with few bugs that are not big deal to affect as a daily driver.just dont use cm based custom firmwares before unlocking bootloader.just flash official firmware as i said

Hello Franklin.

I have just unlocked bootloader on my phone.
What I have to do next? Root, kernel flash, recovery?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes