Unlimited tethering on s4 using slimbean

OP F9zSlavik

1st February 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 13

396 posts
More
I have 3 lines, all with unlimited Internet but tmobil only allows 2.5gb of tethering. Currently using slimbean stable on my s4, how do I get unlimited tethering? I've tried Wify Tether app but it doesn't work.
I went into the apn settings and I see several options.

Any advice would be appreciative. Spent an hour trying to figure this out :/
1st February 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 29

328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik

I have 3 lines, all with unlimited Internet but tmobil only allows 2.5gb of tethering. Currently using slimbean stable on my s4, how do I get unlimited tethering? I've tried Wify Tether app but it doesn't work.

Have they actually capped you? I used over 30gb last month... with native tether.... Otherwise use the search function and report back.... I'd like to know the answer also but too lazy to look
2nd February 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #3  
Flag Marysville WA
Thanks Meter: 464

813 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't think any AOSP Roms have the data cap hack. Most of the TW Roms have the hack baked into the system. You may wanna try TW before going over your data limit. I have unlimited and use tethering all the time also I use the Wi-Fi tether app instead of the native hot spot.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4,441

6,898 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow

I don't think any AOSP Roms have the data cap hack. Most of the TW Roms have the hack baked into the system. You may wanna try TW before going over your data limit. I have unlimited and use tethering all the time also I use the Wi-Fi tether app instead of the native hot spot.

There is no such thing as a "data cap hack" there was one years ago, but it doesn't work anymore. All data traffic is now monitored via T-Mobile servers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Marysville WA
Thanks Meter: 464

813 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

There is no such thing as a "data cap hack" there was one years ago, but it doesn't work anymore. All data traffic is now monitored via T-Mobile servers.

Agreed! What I meant by that is unrestricted native tethering.

4th February 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 13

396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow

Agreed! What I meant by that is unrestricted native tethering.

So I am stuck @ 2.5gb? I called TMobil to increase my tethering, they said NO.
I see people all over the forums saying they have unlimited tethering by hiding their data usage and they always emphasize not to abuse it. I am giving tmobil a good large sum of money, 200 bucks.

So nobody knows of a unlimited tethering method?

Been looking around, according to some, Cyanogen should already come with the necessary coding to allow unlimited tethering but than again I am using SlimBean which I do not know if that has anything to do with it.
4th February 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4,441

6,898 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

So I am stuck @ 2.5gb? I called TMobil to increase my tethering, they said NO.
I see people all over the forums saying they have unlimited tethering by hiding their data usage and they always emphasize not to abuse it. I am giving tmobil a good large sum of money, 200 bucks.

So nobody knows of a unlimited tethering method?

Been looking around, according to some, Cyanogen should already come with the necessary coding to allow unlimited tethering but than again I am using SlimBean which I do not know if that has anything to do with it.

Again, unlimited tethering is impossible through "coding." It is handled by T-Mobile servers. A little Googling would tell you what you have to do however, I always thought if you paid 15 bucks extra each month they would include unlimited tethering?

5th February 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
Quote:

Using native tethering you get to share as much as you want what T-Mobile gets is that you used internet in your phone when in reality you were tethering I got like 60 GB each month most is by tethering

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th February 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melqui2004

Using native tethering you get to share as much as you want what T-Mobile gets is that you used internet in your phone when in reality you were tethering I got like 60 GB each month most is by tethering

Just do as the screen looks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1391579273371.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	2559963  
The Following User Says Thank You to melqui2004 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 30

166 posts
I've found that when I search and search and can't find something, it's because it was so fundamental a feature that it is automatically assumed people know how to use it.

What evidence do you have that T-Mobile is blocking your tethering after 2.5gb? Others have asked but it doesn't seem like that question has been answered. I have CM11 and have tethered like a fiend using the ROM's built-in hotspot feature, which the stock T-Mobile Account app doesn't even pick up on. Additionally I've been told that after 2.5gb, they don't block you, just throttle your speed down.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread