Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mugen Case for D800

Tip us?

lkess
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mugen Case for D800

I emailed Mugen and they say that the case will not work with the D800, but it will work with every other model. Might it still work? I mean the physical form is the same as the others, the only possible difference might be the guts.

What is the consensus?

x714x
Old
(Last edited by x714x; 1st February 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 269
Your phone has a noise canceling mic on the back that no other G2 has. So yes you can use this case if you cut the back out to open up the mic, which wont work cause of obvious reasons.
T-Mobile LG G2 | T-Mobile HTC One M8

lkess
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by x714x View Post
Your phone has a noise canceling mic on the back that no other G2 has. So yes you can use this case if you cut the back out to open up the mic, which wont work cause of obvious reasons.
Well.......damn...

lkess
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by x714x View Post
How essential is that mic?

monkeefied
Old
Thanks Meter 6
if this is the case are talking about, the hole looks like it would be pretty close to the edge where the vol/power buttons are. It would probably be ok to drill/dremel a little hole/notch where you need it. I'm betting all the electronics are located toward the bottom of the case.

lkess
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeefied View Post
if this is the case are talking about, the hole looks like it would be pretty close to the edge where the vol/power buttons are. It would probably be ok to drill/dremel a little hole/notch where you need it. I'm betting all the electronics are located toward the bottom of the case.
I might give that a try. That seems like the thing to do