5,597,354 Members 32,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Twrp problems.

Tip us?
 
RazaVakil7995
Old
#1  
RazaVakil7995's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Default [HELP] Twrp problems.

Well, it so happened that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp recovery and I saw in a thread that we can theme our recovery by adding a ui.zip file in the theme folder of twrp. Ever since then, my phone boots in recovery only (without the three button combination). Plus in twrp, the theme is applied but I get a super zoomed view of the recovery so I can't restore nandroid as well. Of course, I used my last resort and brought back my phone to stock through odin but the problem is what did I do wrong and what should I take care of to prevent this sort of **** from happening in the future?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
 
dagger
Old
#2  
dagger's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1946
Posts: 4,153
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Medieval period.
Why did you use the co-core kernel for a cm ROM??
The rom shouldn't boot if you did this..
BTW You are getting the super zoomed recovery maybe because you are using the ui.zip designed for a mdpi/ldpi screen resolution.
Our screen is hdpi.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
 
RazaVakil7995
Old
#3  
RazaVakil7995's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger View Post
Why did you use the co-core kernel for a cm ROM??
The rom shouldn't boot if you did this..
BTW You are getting the super zoomed recovery maybe because you are using the ui.zip designed for a mdpi/ldpi screen resolution.
Our screen is hdpi.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
By the way, why did you tell the rom should not boot? Is it because the cocorekernel is only supported on android 4.1 or some other reason?
 
RazaVakil7995
Old
#4  
RazaVakil7995's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
But I used the ui.zip for hdpi devices only.. and I dont know.. the rom just flashed when I used cocore. By the way.. I dont see any other method for obtaning recovery except shaan's temporary cwm.. is there any other method as well??

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
 
shut_down
Old
#5  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2756
Posts: 6,382
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazaVakil7995 View Post
Well, it so happened that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp recovery and I saw in a thread that we can theme our recovery by adding a ui.zip file in the theme folder of twrp. Ever since then, my phone boots in recovery only (without the three button combination). Plus in twrp, the theme is applied but I get a super zoomed view of the recovery so I can't restore nandroid as well. Of course, I used my last resort and brought back my phone to stock through odin but the problem is what did I do wrong and what should I take care of to prevent this sort of **** from happening in the future?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
Do not mess with something that you are not sure that works on our phone. If you read that someone that has I9070 phone is using something, you can use it. Searching and using stuff from other phones can make you mess like that you got.


Omni MUST use its kernel, you CAN'T use COCORE on it. You will end up with a bootloop if you use COCORE on OMNI.


What you need to do is to flash stock FIRMWARE with ODIN. Download CoCore kernel, UNPACK it and use KERNEL.BIN.MD5 (copy to phone memory). Install UKF and ROOT EXPLORER. Open Universal kernel flasher and follow the procedure to install COCORE. Install, reboot and you have permanent recovery (CWM or TWRP depends what CoCore version you choose).
 
RazaVakil7995
Old
#6  
RazaVakil7995's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Perhaps you guys misunderstood me.. I did not flash cocore on Omni.. I flashed cocore on stock and then I flashed omni rom.. so I guess I have permanent recovery..

Im sorry if I sound like a noob but hey, every expert was once a noob, Im learning

I agree to the part of messing with things that people Dont use on our phone, I'll see to that in future..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
 
shut_down
Old
#7  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2756
Posts: 6,382
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazaVakil7995 View Post
Perhaps you guys misunderstood me.. I did not flash cocore on Omni.. I flashed cocore on stock and then I flashed omni rom.. so I guess I have permanent recovery..

Im sorry if I sound like a noob but hey, every expert was once a noob, Im learning

I agree to the part of messing with things that people Dont use on our phone, I'll see to that in future..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
I missunderstood. Because you wrote: "that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp"

P.S. Maybe that theme problem have something to do with version of TWRP. But I can't tell for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RazaVakil7995
Old
#8  
RazaVakil7995's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 97
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
I missunderstood. Because you wrote: "that I was on omni rom 4 3.1 with cocore kernel twrp"

P.S. Maybe that theme problem have something to do with version of TWRP. But I can't tell for sure.
And when I went from omni rom to cm11 by maclaw, my recovery changed to cwm... any idea why did this happen because I was supposed to have permanent twrp
 
dagger
Old
#9  
dagger's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1946
Posts: 4,153
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Medieval period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazaVakil7995 View Post
And when I went from omni rom to cm11 by maclaw, my recovery changed to cwm... any idea why did this happen because I was supposed to have permanent twrp
The recovery in our phone is dependent on the kernel.
So if the kennel changes, the recovery changes..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dagger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more