5,606,530 Members 34,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need help!!!!

Tip us?
 
jeremyp1
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] I need help!!!!

I am wanting to download the Google edition of the 4.4.2 kit Kat update for the Sprint HTC One but am having no luck, can someone help me? I need a sense Rom and I don't like the new update Sprint provides. I'm currently on viperrom 3.5.0 because they don't have the newer versions for Sprint. Everything I look for good Roms they say I need TWRP 2.6.3.3 but the Sprint version is only 2.6.3.0. I'm just sad about this I really want the Google edition.
 
BD619
Old
#2  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7080
Posts: 7,556
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Xda-Dev,CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Use the latest version of TWRP,CWM, or PhilzTouch and you should be ok

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint


Forum Moderator
 
jeremyp1
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Use the latest version of TWRP,CWM, or PhilzTouch and you should be ok
I can't find a better version of twrp for Sprint everything says they need 2.6.3.3 and when I try it fails every time
 
BD619
Old
#4  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7080
Posts: 7,556
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Xda-Dev,CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1 View Post
I can't find a better version of twrp for Sprint everything says they need 2.6.3.3 and when I try it fails every time
2.6.3.0 is the latest version for Sprint
Try CWM 6.0.4.3
PhilZ Touch

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint


Forum Moderator
 
jeremyp1
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
2.6.3.0 is the latest version for Sprint
Try CWM 6.0.4.3
PhilZ Touch
How do I flash a different recovery onto my phone?
 
BD619
Old
#6  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7080
Posts: 7,556
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Xda-Dev,CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1 View Post
How do I flash a different recovery onto my phone?
Same way you flash TWRP

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint


Forum Moderator
 
im0rtalz
Old
#7  
im0rtalz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 560
Posts: 958
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1 View Post
How do I flash a different recovery onto my phone?
The easiest way to flash twrp is to just download Goo Manager and select install openscript recovery.
 
jeremyp1
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
2.6.3.0 is the latest version for Sprint
Try CWM 6.0.4.3
PhilZ Touch
it failed again
 
weidnerj
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 282
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyp1 View Post
I am wanting to download the Google edition of the 4.4.2 kit Kat update for the Sprint HTC One but am having no luck, can someone help me? I need a sense Rom and I don't like the new update Sprint provides. I'm currently on viperrom 3.5.0 because they don't have the newer versions for Sprint. Everything I look for good Roms they say I need TWRP 2.6.3.3 but the Sprint version is only 2.6.3.0. I'm just sad about this I really want the Google edition.
I don't think that you can run Google edition. That is a GSM version and not CDMA. I would wait to see if someone can confirm that before you hose your phone. Know that they have unbrick directions for those that flash the GSM version on Sprint (which is CDMA).
 
jeremyp1
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2014
I actually set my phone to gsm because I have a bad esn and i SIM unlocked my phone, the HTC one is everything compatible


Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Speed up the ROM or Kernel Build Process

Creating a kernel, ROM, or any other development projectrequires knowledge and tools. While … more

Google Glass Now Open to Anyone… with $1500 to Spend (Update: Not Anymore)

Google Glass, which recently received its official update … more

Android 4.4.2 OTA Now Available for the Verizon Droid DNA

A couple of days ago, we talked about how the Android 4.4.2 upgrade for the HTC … more