Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 42,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 drain battery fast?

Tip us?

rayoubi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default 4.3 drain battery fast?

My battery drains on stock 4.3 update.

How about u guys?
Currently: Galaxy Note II
ROM: CleanROM ATT SE 1.2 By ~scrosler

Phones I used in the past:
Samsung captivate > Samsung galaxy note > samsung galaxy nexus > HTC one X > Galaxy S III > ~Now using the Galaxy note 2 baby!

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3506
Yes....that's why I dumped Touchwiz and it's bloated garbage about 2 hours after running it...and have been using AOSP roms ever since...

Not just 4.3....but any touchwiz rom created for this device...g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zaegun
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You could try Greenify and see if that helps. I think recall that the developer updated it so it doesn't even require root now. Just a thought.

rayoubi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
Yes....that's why I dumped Touchwiz and it's bloated garbage about 2 hours after running it...and have been using AOSP roms ever since...

Not just 4.3....but any touchwiz rom created for this device...g

I dont understand, I never had any issues with 4.1.1. I used to last all day without a problem. Now I can barely last a day, I cant be the only one?

is this someone everyone is aware of?
Currently: Galaxy Note II
ROM: CleanROM ATT SE 1.2 By ~scrosler

Phones I used in the past:
Samsung captivate > Samsung galaxy note > samsung galaxy nexus > HTC one X > Galaxy S III > ~Now using the Galaxy note 2 baby!

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoubi View Post
I dont understand, I never had any issues with 4.1.1. I used to last all day without a problem. Now I can barely last a day, I cant be the only one?

is this someone everyone is aware of?
Yes, that's why there are a variety of ROMs in the DEV. Depending on your preference.

It is unfortunate that the manufacturers deploy crap, and the users have to fix/improve it.

Like gregsarg mentioned, AOSP ROMs are great, there are some good Touchwiz out if that trips your trigger.
SkyNote, MeanBean, Alliance. Read thru the features and you'll be happy you switched.
"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!" But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo! 3 Amigos
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4911

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoubi View Post
My battery drains on stock 4.3 update.

How about u guys?
Being that my phone is over a year old. I would think that the battery has diminished
a lil bit. So if you plan on keeping the phone invest in a zero lemon battery.
Go here»»» http://goo.gl/fXemLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Yes, that's why there are a variety of ROMs in the DEV. Depending on your preference.

It is unfortunate that the manufacturers deploy crap, and the users have to fix/improve it.

Like gregsarg mentioned, AOSP ROMs are great, there are some good Touchwiz out if that trips your trigger.
SkyNote, MeanBean, Alliance. Read thru the features and you'll be happy you switched.
This^^^^^^:thumbup::thumbup:
True ASOP is better for battery life. But I just need to have everything working when I need IT!!!. That's why I stick to TW Rom's... and my Zero Lemon
Just my 2¢®

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DomoDom
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For what it's worth, most of the time when have unexplainable battery drain it can be resolved with a clearing of cache partition when booting to recovery. Might not help here but often works for me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3506
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomoDom View Post
For what it's worth, most of the time when have unexplainable battery drain it can be resolved with a clearing of cache partition when booting to recovery. Might not help here but often works for me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Words of wisdom here...^^^^....g

" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g