Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,964 Members 51,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion]My friend keeps asking me about apple devices.

Tip us?

YayYouFixedIt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default [Discussion]My friend keeps asking me about apple devices.

I never owned an apple device. How is it different in usability compared to Android? To help him make decision for him personally.

DavidRedstone
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I've owned both iPhones and Android phones, and setup both for my customers.

Both Android and Apple devices can fulfil mostly the same functions, but they look different to each other, and you click in different places to get things done. There are different apps for the same functions. Both app stores have hundreds of thousands of apps.

Apple iOS
Apple is more expensive. Apple locks you into their ecosystem, and gives you little choice. You can only use their devices, and they don't let you replace their stock apps with alternatives. Apple devices do not have expandable memory or removable batteries.You get what you are given, basically.

Google Android
Android lets you choose the device you want, from many manufacturers, and you can replace any part of the system, including the whole system itself. Most Android phones let you remove the battery and have memory card expansion. There are many more Android devices being sold every day, than Apple devices,

Conclusion
If you want choice, or like playing with custom roms, go for Android. Apple devices work, too, so if you like them, go for it. Just be aware you are getting locked into a small, expensive ecosystem.

Extra note
iCloud can be really flaky. Fortunately you can use Google to sync contacts, calendars, and emails on both Android and iOS. Dropbox is still the best photo and video auto-upload app.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidRedstone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,231

DONATE TO ME
Sorry Mate but as that Apple threads typically end in a flame war I need to close this thread
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe