Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Problem applying OTA update after rooting

OP euler.ramanujan

13th February 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I am cureently on .532(downgraded to root and backup TA). The thing is I can't apply the OTA. I also tried to temporary unroot the device. I also didn't mess up with any of the system files. The only thing I did after flashing .532 was rooting. Although the update via pc works fine but I want to keep the root.

Thanks
13th February 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,569

3,259 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by euler.ramanujan

I am cureently on .532(downgraded to root and backup TA). The thing is I can't apply the OTA. I also tried to temporary unroot the device. I also didn't mess up with any of the system files. The only thing I did after flashing .532 was rooting. Although the update via pc works fine but I want to keep the root.

Thanks

READ THE STICKIES

that said... now that you have backed up the TA the best thing to do is unlock the bootloader, then upgrade to .290 or .136 and flash recovery/kernel and re-root from recovery by flashing SuperSu
14th February 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

READ THE STICKIES

that said... now that you have backed up the TA the best thing to do is unlock the bootloader, then upgrade to .290 or .136 and flash recovery/kernel and re-root from recovery by flashing SuperSu

I did flash .290 and tried to root it after unlocking the bootloaded but I got stuck in bootloop. So, I went backup to the other .540 again to root it for meantime.
13th February 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 64

201 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks

Is your bootloader unlocked if it is you have to lock it to apply ota the ota will download fine but you can't apply it unless you are on locked bootloader and if you are on locked bootloader you have to download root keeper app backup root reflash the .532 ftf or .290 whatever version you like the ota will apply just fine the download the app again and restore root.................
The Following User Says Thank You to mathurmatt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurmatt

Is your bootloader unlocked if it is you have to lock it to apply ota the ota will download fine but you can't apply it unless you are on locked bootloader and if you are on locked bootloader you have to download root keeper app backup root reflash the .532 ftf or .290 whatever version you like the ota will apply just fine the download the app again and restore root.................

My Bootloader is locked, and I did try to update exactly like what you said but it didn't work
14th February 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,569

3,259 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My Bootloader is locked, and I did try to update exactly like what you said but it didn't work

To get root on .290 with a locked bootloader follow this guide once you have .532 rooted:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2612980

Then follow this guide to update to .136 (the latest FW):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631768
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread