Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone reboot upon starting Google Maps

Tip us?
 
Davian64
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] Phone reboot upon starting Google Maps

I play around with my phone, testing roms, kernels and tweaks until google maps stop working on my phone. the last time it work was when i'm using Maclaw's CM11.

I decided to return to stock rom and recovery using odin and thats when the problem started. I followed the steps from here.

The phone reboot each time I start Google Maps. I tried going back to CM11 but the phone reboot each time I start Camera (previously it was working fine). (I may hare to try CM11 again to see if Google Maps working in CM11)

Then I try to revert back to Original Stock Rom With Kies following the steps here but the problem persist.

Any idea to solve this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-13-15-39-57.png
Views:	1196
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	2576551  
 
DjWacko
Old
#2  
DjWacko's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hasselt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian64 View Post
I play around with my phone, testing roms, kernels and tweaks until google maps stop working on my phone. the last time it work was when i'm using Maclaw's CM11.

I decided to return to stock rom and recovery using odin and thats when the problem started. I followed the steps from here.

The phone reboot each time I start Google Maps. I tried going back to CM11 but the phone reboot each time I start Camera (previously it was working fine). (I may hare to try CM11 again to see if Google Maps working in CM11)

Then I try to revert back to Original Stock Rom With Kies following the steps here but the problem persist.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Hi,

Maybe a corrupted data partition.
Do a real format data + media in recovery.
After that, try again flashing .

Greetz

Hopes it works
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini ( I8190)

Rom: OmniROM 4.4.2 by Golden-Guy
Kernel: 3.0.101-novafusion+
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0. recovery

PB Liberty Tab G100W

Rom: TegraOwners Thor Omnirom 4.4.2 V10
Kernel: A50x kernel 3.8.13.16 T50
Recovery: Thor Touch Recovery 1.8.1
Bootloader: Skrilax V9 ICS Bootloader

My CMW Real Format Guide :
The Following User Says Thank You to DjWacko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Davian64
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2014
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjWacko View Post
Hi,

Maybe a corrupted data partition.
Do a real format data + media in recovery.
After that, try again flashing .

Greetz

Hopes it works


Hi,

Is real format data + media in recovery means wipe data/factory reset in recovery? I believe i did that before flashing stock rom using stock recovery.

I had an idea just now and I try several apps from play store, compass apps and any apps that uses compass and each apps reboot my phone upon starting. Logically Google Maps also use compass. So this might be the problem but strangely i could use Waze with no problem at all.

If compass related app is the problem, how do i fix this?

Thank you
 
DjWacko
Old
#4  
DjWacko's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hasselt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian64 View Post

Hi,

Is real format data + media in recovery means wipe data/factory reset in recovery? I believe i did that before flashing stock rom using stock recovery.

I had an idea just now and I try several apps from play store, compass apps and any apps that uses compass and each apps reboot my phone upon starting. Logically Google Maps also use compass. So this might be the problem but strangely i could use Waze with no problem at all.

If compass related app is the problem, how do i fix this?

Thank you


Hi

real format isn't the same as wipe data/factory reset.

Real format = In recovery go to mounts and storage --> format real data and media

Strange that the compass isn't working. Try to uninstall non standaard compass apps from your Phone. And try google maps again.
Install app one by one, and see what app is causing the problem.

If not, it's recommend to do a full clean install again at your Phone.

Greetz
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini ( I8190)

Rom: OmniROM 4.4.2 by Golden-Guy
Kernel: 3.0.101-novafusion+
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0. recovery

PB Liberty Tab G100W

Rom: TegraOwners Thor Omnirom 4.4.2 V10
Kernel: A50x kernel 3.8.13.16 T50
Recovery: Thor Touch Recovery 1.8.1
Bootloader: Skrilax V9 ICS Bootloader

My CMW Real Format Guide :
The Following User Says Thank You to DjWacko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Davian64
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2014
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjWacko View Post
Hi

real format isn't the same as wipe data/factory reset.

Real format = In recovery go to mounts and storage --> format real data and media

Strange that the compass isn't working. Try to uninstall non standaard compass apps from your Phone. And try google maps again.
Install app one by one, and see what app is causing the problem.

If not, it's recommend to do a full clean install again at your Phone.

Greetz


Thanks.

I will try and report later as I'm currently doing offline charging. I'm a newbie, do you mind telling me the steps for full clean install?

Thank you
 
Davian64
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjWacko View Post
Hi

real format isn't the same as wipe data/factory reset.

Real format = In recovery go to mounts and storage --> format real data and media

Strange that the compass isn't working. Try to uninstall non standaard compass apps from your Phone. And try google maps again.
Install app one by one, and see what app is causing the problem.

If not, it's recommend to do a full clean install again at your Phone.

Greetz
I did format real data and media. still not working. I also install Maclaw's CM10.1 using steps from here, Camera is working, unlike CM11 but Maps still not working.

I also tried several compass app. Result are the same. Non of the apps works and phone reboot as soon as the apps start.

Thank you
 
DjWacko
Old
#7  
DjWacko's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hasselt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian64 View Post
I did format real data and media. still not working. I also install Maclaw's CM10.1 using steps from here, Camera is working, unlike CM11 but Maps still not working.

I also tried several compass app. Result are the same. Non of the apps works and phone reboot as soon as the apps start.

Thank you
Mmm, really strange it doesn't work
I'm on carbon rom now for some testing. The only app with gps needed on this rom is Google earth.
I tested that app, and all is working fine here.

Maybe a dead gps at your Phone?


Greetz
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini ( I8190)

Rom: OmniROM 4.4.2 by Golden-Guy
Kernel: 3.0.101-novafusion+
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0. recovery

PB Liberty Tab G100W

Rom: TegraOwners Thor Omnirom 4.4.2 V10
Kernel: A50x kernel 3.8.13.16 T50
Recovery: Thor Touch Recovery 1.8.1
Bootloader: Skrilax V9 ICS Bootloader

My CMW Real Format Guide :
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more

Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more