FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can't unlock boot loader or flash stock

13th February 2014, 09:58 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi there,
Has anyone got a way out of this.....
I have a rooted C1905 that I have been playing around with. I want to try CM11 but boot loader unlock fails with a "FAILED (unknown status code)" report after I send my unlock code. I then thought I'd flash back to stock using S.U.S. but that fails too saying that I have a customized rom... which I don't!!! I seem to be stuck! is there anyway to force a stock flash?

Cheers
13th February 2014, 11:02 PM |#2  
mbc07's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 547
 
Donate to Me
More
Have you checked if your bootloader can be unlocked? Go to the dialer, type *#*#7378423#*#* then go to Service info => Configuration. In rooting status, it should say "Bootloader unlock allowed: yes", otherwise it won't work. About your flashing problem, try connecting the phone directly in flash mode before opening SUS, by turning off your phone, holding Volume Down and plugging USB cable or by flashing a FTF file through Flash Tool...
The Following User Says Thank You to mbc07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 05:47 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
It happened to me also ,check your IMEI CODE,you need to send first 14 digits of your IMEI,

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to giridhargp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 10:34 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks guys... I've managed to Flash back to stock with flashtool and I'll try the unlock the boot again. (boot unlock = Yes).
18th February 2014, 11:35 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin-the-nog

Thanks guys... I've managed to Flash back to stock with flashtool and I'll try the unlock the boot again. (boot unlock = Yes).

Flashed an FTF of the latest but still can't unlock the bootloader. still get "unknown Error" and it wipes my apps.
Also can't use "repair my phone" on PCC as it says I have a Customised Rom, could this be due to me trying tools like flashgordon and debloat/deoxing flashing or routing? if so how can I get back to a stock state for a UK XM so I can start again?
19th February 2014, 07:04 AM |#6  
Antrikos48's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin-the-nog

Also can't use "repair my phone" on PCC as it says I have a Customised Rom, could this be due to me trying tools like flashgordon and debloat/deoxing flashing or routing? if so how can I get back to a stock state for a UK XM so I can start again?

Nope, but try this anyway.
1. Disconnect your phone and turn it off but keep the cable attached
2. Open PCC and go to Update
3. When it says no device found click the blue repair link
4. Choose Xperia M when asked to
5. Follow the instructions

I have a locked bootloader and modified ROM and it works flawlessly. Keep us updated

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.
19th February 2014, 03:45 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrikos48

Nope, but try this anyway.
1. Disconnect your phone and turn it off but keep the cable attached
2. Open PCC and go to Update
3. When it says no device found click the blue repair link
4. Choose Xperia M when asked to
5. Follow the instructions

I have a locked bootloader and modified ROM and it works flawlessly. Keep us updated

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Hi there,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately it doesn't work! PCC recognises my phone ok so I carried on to the "repair my phone" tab.

and this is what I get after it's downloaded the firmware and tries to flash it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	2588728  
19th February 2014, 03:48 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrikos48

Nope, but try this anyway.
1. Disconnect your phone and turn it off but keep the cable attached
2. Open PCC and go to Update
3. When it says no device found click the blue repair link
4. Choose Xperia M when asked to
5. Follow the instructions

I have a locked bootloader and modified ROM and it works flawlessly. Keep us updated

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Hey fella, what ROM are you using? ive got a locked bootloader and looks as though i wont ever be able to work around this :/ so looking at other possibles before i give in and get a z1 compact.
20th February 2014, 02:21 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin-the-nog

Thanks guys... I've managed to Flash back to stock with flashtool and I'll try the unlock the boot again. (boot unlock = Yes).

Tell me exactly what it showing.
Boot loader unlock=yes
Or
Boot loader unlock allowed =yes
I'll tell you solution

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th February 2014, 09:40 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giridhargp

Tell me exactly what it showing.
Boot loader unlock=yes
Or
Boot loader unlock allowed =yes
I'll tell you solution

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi there,

I'm getting Bootloader unlock: Yes

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes