Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] No rule to make target libtime_genoff.so

OP gakio12

13th February 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

174 posts
Donate to Me
I am trying to build CM-11 but I keep getting stopped on
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/lib/libtime_genoff.so', needed by `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_runtime.so'.  Stop.
 '
Everything was changed from hlte-common to hlte in device/samsung, but in vendor/samsung, it remains hlte-common. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but renaming the directory to 'hlte' did nothing.

This is in my hlte-common-vendor.mk file in vendor/samsung/hlte-common:
Code:
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += libtime_genoff

$(call inherit-product, vendor/samsung/hlte-common/hlte-common-vendor-blobs.mk)
Does anyone know how I can start to diagnose the problem? libtime_genoff.so is in vendor/samsung/hlte-common, but I have a feeling it is supposed to be elsewhere now that the devices are 'unified'.
18th February 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 8,930

5,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakio12

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/lib/libtime_genoff.so', needed by `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_runtime.so'.  Stop.
 '
Everything was changed from hlte-common to hlte in device/samsung, but in vendor/samsung, it remains hlte-common. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but renaming the directory to 'hlte' did nothing.

Code:

Does anyone know how I can start to diagnose the problem? libtime_genoff.so is in vendor/samsung/hlte-common, but I have a feeling it is supposed to be elsewhere now that the devices are 'unified'.

I'm trying to figure out the same issue as you
18th February 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

174 posts
Donate to Me
I figured out the problem; make sure you have revision="wip" at the end of the kernel and TheMuppets lines of your local_manifest.xml.
The Following User Says Thank You to gakio12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Naples, FL
Thanks Meter: 8,930

5,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I figured out the problem; make sure you have revision="wip" at the end of the kernel and TheMuppets lines of your local_manifest.xml.

Awesome that worked
19th February 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,804

1,058 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Hi I'm a noob, Can you please give me a little bit more details how to fix this problem please. I'm still learning. Thanks

HI thanks for give me some hints. Just figure it out.
Last edited by ZION959; 19th February 2014 at 07:09 AM.
6th June 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

66 posts
Quote:

Code:
 '

Code:

Hi, I meet the same issue as you, can you give me some advice on how to solve this problem?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread