Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ativ S camera not working

Tip us?

GB1337
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ativ S camera not working

Just got a brand new ativ s with a non-working rear camera. Details
OS version 8.0.10517.150
firmware: 2424.13.11.2
hardware 15.15.1.0
radio soft 2424.13.9.1
radio hard 0.0.0.800
bootloader 13.08.14.16
chip soc 1.5.32

3rd party apps don't work, hard reset did nothing. No mSD card inserted, with or no sim.

What should I do with it? Is there any ROM, firmware or other stuff to flash in order to make it work? Should I take it to warranty and get a new one, which will also probably stop working pretty soon? Should I get a full refund? Or should I wait for another update, maybe wp8.1 and hopefully this is a software bug, not a faulty hardware?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
Why would you assume a warranty replacement would also be defective? That's... um... I do not understand the thought process which would produce that belief. The fact that third-party apps and hard-reset didn't fix it pretty clearly indicates a hardware problem. The fact that people aren't constantly complaining about this issue (anecdotally, I have had *no* trouble with my phone's camera) suggests that it's a pretty rare problem. In what way is a warranty replacement not the obvious answer?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

GB1337
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Because every piece of hardware that I bought and has failed in the first 24 hours came from a bad batch. One time I even got 3 brand new hard disks fail in a row. The 4th one lasted 1 year.