Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android App Development Help ):

Tip us?

elvintopalov
Old
(Last edited by elvintopalov; 14th February 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Android App Development Help ):

Hi, I'm a freshman in highschool and plan on becoming a software engineer. I've recently taken an intro to Java class in my high school(I plan on taking more in depth classes during sophomore and junior year ) and think I know enough to develop basic games for Android. I've used BlueJ in class and it is nothing like Eclipse packaged with the Android Developer Tools. I've also discovered that most of my code for applets that I had to create for class have successfully compiled in BlueJ, but come up as errors in Eclipse. For example, an import statement such as "import java.applet.Applet;" or "import java.awt.event.*;" won't work with Eclipse. Why is that? Also, if you know any great resources for Android app development, feel free to share them with me. Thanks a bunch. Any tips will be appreciated, too.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvintopalov View Post
Hi, I'm a freshman in highschool and plan on becoming a software engineer. I've recently taken an intro to Java class in my high school(I plan on taking more in depth classes during sophomore and junior year ) and think I know enough to develop basic games for Android. I've used BlueJ in class and it is nothing like Eclipse packaged with the Android Developer Tools. I've also discovered that most of my code for applets that I had to create for class have successfully compiled in BlueJ, but come up as errors in Eclipse. For example, an import statement such as "import java.applet.Applet;" or "import java.awt.event.*;" won't work with Eclipse. Why is that? Also, if you know any great resources for Android app development, feel free to share them with me. Thanks a bunch. Any tips will be appreciated, too.
Ha, wished i had a java class at my school! as for your Eclipse problem i dont know whats up with that but some resources could be here:
http://www.codecademy.com: CodeCademys pretty great if you want to learn more on java/Html/Css/python/ruby and others.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1753131 : another cool school that uses eclipse but the thread is for making games i dont know if you want something like that but its pretty fricken sweet! if you plan on doing this i would probably love to join in, im sorta learning myself too.

Edit: just found made by the same people who did the game thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1914819
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

elvintopalov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for such a late reply, but thanks for the information! And wow, that gaming thread is something I'm really interested in. I'm planning on doing it and it seems like it's just what I needed to learn more about Eclipse and how to use it for Android. Thanks again!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk