TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to go back to stock Rom

OP hotbutcoldbacon

14th February 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
I wanted to know how do i go back to the sprint stock rom after i flashed a 4.4.2 Rom?
14th February 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #2  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,699
 
8,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Are you saying that you updated to NAE, rooted, and now trying to unroot? If so I don't know of any way to do it since there is no tar for NAE yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Are you saying that you updated to NAE, rooted, and now trying to unroot? If so I don't know of any way to do it since there is no tar for NAE yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Im not sure what NAE is but the rom I have is Octo-Kat from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2493128 any info is greatly appreicated.
14th February 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #4  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,699
 
8,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
NAE is the new 4.4.2 TOUCHWIZ update that just came out for the phone. That's what I thought you meant. To go back to stock, if you mean stock unroofed. It would depend on what version of touchwiz you were on before. If you were on 4.2 then Odin a 4.2 tar. If you were on 4.3 with Knox then Odin MK2 kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

NAE is the new 4.4.2 TOUCHWIZ update that just came out for the phone. That's what I thought you meant. To go back to stock, if you mean stock unroofed. It would depend on what version of touchwiz you were on before. If you were on 4.2 then Odin a 4.2 tar. If you were on 4.3 with Knox then Odin MK2 kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well before I rooted and flash a custom rom I was on 4.3. However I did flash a 4.4.2 so would that mean im out of out or should I go ahead flash a 4.3 tar
14th February 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #6  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,699
 
8,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbutcoldbacon

Well before I rooted and flash a custom rom I was on 4.3. However I did flash a 4.4.2 so would that mean im out of out or should I go ahead flash a 4.3 tar

If you were on 4.3 touchwiz previously then yes you are okay to odin the MK2 tar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

If you were on 4.3 touchwiz previously then yes you are okay to odin the MK2 tar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thank you I will try it out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes