FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am usingSamsung Galaxy Y pro Duos. GT 5512.
To install Whatsapp+ I had to uninstall whatsapp. I am not able to install Whatsapp+ (and Yes I am installing GB variant of Whatsapp+). It shows "Application not installed".
Now when I have installed original Whatsapp. I am asked to restore from the backup. When I tap on restore, it Crashes at 84% and shows a error. I don't want to lose the backup.

PS1: I have managed to solve the crashing problem' see the solution in the posts down.
PS2: I am still unable to get Whatsapp+ installed. It says "Application not Installed. Can anybody help in this regard?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392359076257.jpg
Views:	4092
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	2578426  
Last edited by shikhar623; 13th March 2014 at 05:27 AM.
14th February 2014, 11:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's advised to restore to the same backed-up version of Whatsapp
14th February 2014, 11:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikhar623

I had to uninstall whatsapp. Now when I have installed it, I am asked to restore from the backup. When I tap on restore, it stops at 84% and shows a error. I don't want to lose the backup.

Try to uninstall Whatsapp & install once again, or if you prefer to check older versions: http://whatsapp-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android/old
It it doesn't help- leave only the latest backup file + 'msgstire.db.crypt' in the 'Database' folder of whatsapp. Other option is to check if you got
several whatsapp folders stored in device's external/internal storage, and leaving the newest one
Last edited by amirTor; 14th February 2014 at 11:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 11:57 AM |#4  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I had to uninstall whatsapp. Now when I have installed it, I am asked to restore from the backup. When I tap on restore, it stops at 84% and shows a error. I don't want to lose the backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasan_blue

It's advised to restore to the same backed-up version of Whatsapp

Hi,

This issue is interesting and I have been looking for options, so you can solve your problem. If the problem is the version, as sasan_blue says, you can go to the Aptoide web, and search the old versions of whatsapp there. I was able of download different versions of whatsapp on my PC from that web.

I can't paste urls...

EDITED: Sorry, I was writing this thread while amirTor gives his answer. The English is not my language mother and take long to write. I think is best the amirTor solution.

Saludos
Last edited by m110a2; 14th February 2014 at 12:04 PM.
14th February 2014, 12:07 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nba
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Thanks Guys. I got it solved by completely uninstalling whatsapp using Titanium backup app, and installing it again. It was a problem of incomplete uninstallation. (I had rebooted the device before the uninstall process finished). The problem persisted because I have been uninstalling using regular method. Also it was not a problem of a corrupted backup in my case( as I had thought).
14th February 2014, 12:11 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nba

Donate to Me
More
PS. I had installed an older version too. It asked me to check my date settings. it didn't peroceed any further. I guess it was becoz of the outdated version.
The Following User Says Thank You to shikhar623 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2015, 11:20 AM |#7  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 4

More
HI, i have installed and rstored whatsapp a million times or so, when flashing and switching between roms. last night i tried something funny, and it cost me tooo much.
I tried to install whatsapp for another number(my phone is dual sim), while sms verification was happening, it got registered via my previously registered whatsapp no. Now even after i deleted the new no. account,i am still not able to get my old account back. when i give my old number, it doesn ask for sms verification, and goes to local backup directly, but fails there and throws error. on the other hand, i can verify the account, but cannot restore all my messages.
Please help, as my msgs are quite important..!
il hit the thanks button..!
6th August 2015, 08:07 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nba

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinikethan1392

HI, i have installed and rstored whatsapp a million times or so, when flashing and switching between roms. last night i tried something funny, and it cost me tooo much.
I tried to install whatsapp for another number(my phone is dual sim), while sms verification was happening, it got registered via my previously registered whatsapp no. Now even after i deleted the new no. account,i am still not able to get my old account back. when i give my old number, it doesn ask for sms verification, and goes to local backup directly, but fails there and throws error. on the other hand, i can verify the account, but cannot restore all my messages.
Please help, as my msgs are quite important..!
il hit the thanks button..!

You can solve this problem by registering your new number again and restoring your old number's chats.
Once you are able to restore your old number's chat by registering on the new number. You can now change the number officially by using the 'change number' feature in the WA settings.
See if this trick works for you.
Good luck.
Last edited by shikhar623; 6th August 2015 at 08:11 PM.
7th August 2015, 05:19 PM |#9  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

You can solve this problem by registering your new number again and restoring your old number's chats.
Once you are able to restore your old number's chat by registering on the new number. You can now change the number officially by using the 'change number' feature in the WA settings.
See if this trick works for you.
Good luck.

Hey thanks for the response,

Things arent way the its supposed to...even if im trying to sign up using another account, still the verification is not being done and whern restoring is trying to happen, it force closes or shows a message that it cannot restore msgs in the server
if u know any solution please let me know, its pretty annoying without whatsapp for a week and i need those old messages..its pretty important.
I have done flashing roms a 100 times and never faced this issues, and now it aint going at all..
27th August 2015, 03:33 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nba

Donate to Me
More
Ok. copy the backup database some where safe.
Delete your new number account ( from within the WA account settings)
Remove the WA using titanium backup. (you need to be rooted for TB to work)
Reinstall the WA.
See if you are able to register your new number.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)