Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Error while restoring whatsapp messages.

Tip us?

shikhar623
Old
(Last edited by shikhar623; 13th March 2014 at 05:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Default Error while restoring whatsapp messages.

I am usingSamsung Galaxy Y pro Duos. GT 5512.
To install Whatsapp+ I had to uninstall whatsapp. I am not able to install Whatsapp+ (and Yes I am installing GB variant of Whatsapp+). It shows "Application not installed".
Now when I have installed original Whatsapp. I am asked to restore from the backup. When I tap on restore, it Crashes at 84% and shows a error. I don't want to lose the backup.

PS1: I have managed to solve the crashing problem' see the solution in the posts down.
PS2: I am still unable to get Whatsapp+ installed. It says "Application not Installed. Can anybody help in this regard?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392359076257.jpg
Views:	3890
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	2578426  

sasan_blue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's advised to restore to the same backed-up version of Whatsapp

amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 14th February 2014 at 11:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikhar623 View Post
I had to uninstall whatsapp. Now when I have installed it, I am asked to restore from the backup. When I tap on restore, it stops at 84% and shows a error. I don't want to lose the backup.
Try to uninstall Whatsapp & install once again, or if you prefer to check older versions: http://whatsapp-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android/old
It it doesn't help- leave only the latest backup file + 'msgstire.db.crypt' in the 'Database' folder of whatsapp. Other option is to check if you got
several whatsapp folders stored in device's external/internal storage, and leaving the newest one
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m110a2
Old
(Last edited by m110a2; 14th February 2014 at 12:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikhar623 View Post
I had to uninstall whatsapp. Now when I have installed it, I am asked to restore from the backup. When I tap on restore, it stops at 84% and shows a error. I don't want to lose the backup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasan_blue View Post
It's advised to restore to the same backed-up version of Whatsapp
Hi,

This issue is interesting and I have been looking for options, so you can solve your problem. If the problem is the version, as sasan_blue says, you can go to the Aptoide web, and search the old versions of whatsapp there. I was able of download different versions of whatsapp on my PC from that web.

I can't paste urls...

EDITED: Sorry, I was writing this thread while amirTor gives his answer. The English is not my language mother and take long to write. I think is best the amirTor solution.

Saludos

shikhar623
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Thanks Guys. I got it solved by completely uninstalling whatsapp using Titanium backup app, and installing it again. It was a problem of incomplete uninstallation. (I had rebooted the device before the uninstall process finished). The problem persisted because I have been uninstalling using regular method. Also it was not a problem of a corrupted backup in my case( as I had thought).

shikhar623
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
PS. I had installed an older version too. It asked me to check my date settings. it didn't peroceed any further. I guess it was becoz of the outdated version.
The Following User Says Thank You to shikhar623 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]