Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Annoying noises, please help!

Tip us?

papamalo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Annoying noises, please help!

Hello XDA!

I have heard great things about you and used some of your root and Kernel releases. Thanks!
I think I may be ready to go the the next level (for a dammed newbie) in jacking up my Galaxy S3, and applying the latest manipulations you guys have going. I have two very important questions:

1:
when I start speech recognition, it emits a loud "bleepBloop" to inform me that it is ready, and then another bleep (a different one) when I am finished entering voice data.

Other forums have called this the "speech recognition bleep" and called it a generated tone.

I have also seen a secret code #*7200# that is supposed to mute the tone generator on an S3, but I am not sure of it will also mute the custom sounds I have for my rings and alerts

Using root browser, I have gone to every folder I know of in "system-media", and renamed or deleted all the sounds except for the five I use, (Email, SMS, Facebook alert, Ringtone and alarm tone) and I also searched for every aiff, MP3, Ogg, or WAV file I could find on the phone and could not find anything like what I hear every time I search using google, or enter voice to text mode.
this is baffling. Where are these sounds located on my S3? how can I get rid of them?

2: What are your recommendations for making my S3 as fast as possible?

Thanks!

PM

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13291

DONATE TO ME
It's very possible that the sounds are stored in the app itself in the raw folder.
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

papamalo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Where is the Raw file or file folder located?

thanks!