Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Firefox OS Porting to Motorola G

OP coldSense

14th February 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources
- added manually prebuilt kernel.
- tried to build everything but it doesn't build, of course, we don't know why.

The error seem to be:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coldSense For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Worcs
Thanks Meter: 5
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Donate to Me
More
Welcome to the forums !
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense

I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources
- added manually prebuilt kernel.
- tried to build everything but it doesn't build, of course, we don't know why.

The error seem to be:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.

Now I haven't been on these forums long but I'd like to say congrats on ur first post ! ;0 That error
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
means there is no target to build the path. I need more info. What compiler are you using. Or are you just using the command prompt?What's the custom kernel, you could try using CM #2 Unoffical However that'd only work if ur Moto G is currently running android with CWM (to flash the kernel when u build it) Can u link to the mozilla post, I didn't bookmark it and I can be bothered to google it Can u send me what you've done so far pls. Thanks
Last edited by Apph3x; 17th February 2014 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Mistake in URL ;)
18th February 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:

Or are you just using the command prompt?

Yes, I'm using terminal to compile everything. Actually a specialized script for that purpose. Environment versions are:
g++ - 4.6
gcc - 4.6

Actually I'm using this guide .

Yes, I use Clockwork but before that there is building problem. Anyway, the link for porting is this.

The kernel I got is from here.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldSense For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
ares93's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 84
 
337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Admittedly, I know jack **** about android development, but I was under the impression that Firefox OS was based on an ICS kernel? I don't think the CM11 kernel works.
19th February 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #5  
feherneoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 977
 
1,336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense

I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources
- added manually prebuilt kernel.
- tried to build everything but it doesn't build, of course, we don't know why.

The error seem to be:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.


I have no idea about this error, but this is what I always get when I try to build FFOS with CM9+ sources. 9 works, 10 does not. Can you compile a clean Android build with that version of CM?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ares93

Admittedly, I know jack **** about android development, but I was under the impression that Firefox OS was based on an ICS kernel? I don't think the CM11 kernel works.

Originally it was, but it should work with newer versions too

MyAudio 708DCC+
The last of my working devices
20th February 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Worcs
Thanks Meter: 5
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense

Yes, I'm using terminal to compile everything. Actually a specialized script for that purpose. Environment versions are:
g++ - 4.6
gcc - 4.6

Actually I'm using this guide .

Yes, I use Clockwork but before that there is building problem. Anyway, the link for porting is this.

The kernel I got is from here.


Never seen that error before. Know wat it means tho. Have u tried complieing with Xcode (mac) or another 3rd part app ?
26th February 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apph3x

Never seen that error before. Know wat it means tho. Have u tried complieing with Xcode (mac) or another 3rd part app ?

No. I don't have and don't use mac computers, at least for now. I did this in Linux. It seems that it just doesn't read kernel/ directory or just ignores it.
27th February 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Worcs
Thanks Meter: 5
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Donate to Me
More
Angry Yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense

No. I don't have and don't use mac computers, at least for now. I did this in Linux. It seems that it just doesn't read kernel/ directory or just ignores it.

It's like its invisible....
1st March 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #9  
pureexe's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ratchaburi
Thanks Meter: 410
 
468 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
@coldSense

Try this way please
Code:
rm -rf out
rm -rf objdir-gecko
./build.sh gecko
then run
Code:
./build.sh gaia
and copy file from <build_path>/gaia/profile/webapps to <build_path>/out/project/<device_name>/system/b2g/webapps

Then replace all file from out/target/<product>/system to /system of AOSP ROM

then edit ramdisk follow https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Porting

and flash boot.img and /system you were edit to your Motolola G

Try this way please
Last edited by pureexe; 1st March 2014 at 07:07 AM.
21st March 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #10  
samijam's Avatar
Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 22
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Any luck with this? I might try myself, but curious if you can update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes