Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please share Ascend p6 original FM Radio and Huaweibackup apps

Tip us?
 
dgvirtual
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Prompt Please share Ascend p6 original FM Radio and Huaweibackup apps

Could someone please share Huawei Ascend P6 FM radio tuner and Huawei Backup apps?

I have upgraded my Huawei Ascend P1 to CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2) and I am missing those apps very much. I wonder, whether perhaps it would be possible to use the ones from Ascend P6 (the ones from Ascend P1 (Android 4.0.3) will not even install on the 4.2.2 firmware).

I am not sure if it is ok to share those apk's here (although I am sure ther would be others who would want those apps), but in any case you can PM the links to me.

Thank you!
 
richish
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 209
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
Could someone please share Huawei Ascend P6 FM radio tuner and Huawei Backup apps?

I have upgraded my Huawei Ascend P1 to CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2) and I am missing those apps very much. I wonder, whether perhaps it would be possible to use the ones from Ascend P6 (the ones from Ascend P1 (Android 4.0.3) will not even install on the 4.2.2 firmware).

I am not sure if it is ok to share those apk's here (although I am sure ther would be others who would want those apps), but in any case you can PM the links to me.

Thank you!
Even if some one will share these apk noone from these apk will work on CM.
CM is not based on stock huawei roms.

Sent from my P6-U00 using xda app-developers app
If I Helped Hit Thanks
<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------THANKS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------

Vodafone u850 CM 7 <- first android phone

LG Optimus HUB CM 10.1
SOLD ^

LG L7 P700
SOLD ^

Huawei Ascend P6 AOSP 4.4.4 by tksla
 
dgvirtual
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Sign I still hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by richish View Post
Even if some one will share these apk noone from these apk will work on CM.
CM is not based on stock huawei roms.

Sent from my P6-U00 using xda app-developers app
I still want to try - my only hope to get my FM radio back and to restore the backups I have made with the HuaweiBackup.
 
richish
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 209
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
I still want to try - my only hope to get my FM radio back and to restore the backups I have made with the HuaweiBackup.

Here u go
https://www.mediafire.com/?jue2u8x4spiqdc2


put these files in
system/app
via root broswer
and reboot

I'm not taking any resposible for damage whant can be done on your phone

These files have been taked from KK B014 Beta android 4.4.2
If I Helped Hit Thanks
<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------THANKS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------

Vodafone u850 CM 7 <- first android phone

LG Optimus HUB CM 10.1
SOLD ^

LG L7 P700
SOLD ^

Huawei Ascend P6 AOSP 4.4.4 by tksla
 
dgvirtual
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Maybe you have the original 4.2.2 apk's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richish View Post
Here u go
.....
put these files in
system/app
Thank you, I did not expect those to work (they come from 4.4.2, but I think I need 4.2.x apk's) but I tried anyway. Well, they did not work, they did not even appear in the app list and they did not install the regular way.

Maybe someone has the apk's from Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2? Isn't that the stock version for Ascend P6?
 
richish
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 209
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
Thank you, I did not expect those to work (they come from 4.4.2, but I think I need 4.2.x apk's) but I tried anyway. Well, they did not work, they did not even appear in the app list and they did not install the regular way.

Maybe someone has the apk's from Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2? Isn't that the stock version for Ascend P6?
in app section there is huawei update extrction tool.
Maybe that can help u.

If i get it right
download tool
download update app
and extract system.img to any folder
.img open with winrar and drop out nesecurry apks.


let me know if it works !
If I Helped Hit Thanks
<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------THANKS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------

Vodafone u850 CM 7 <- first android phone

LG Optimus HUB CM 10.1
SOLD ^

LG L7 P700
SOLD ^

Huawei Ascend P6 AOSP 4.4.4 by tksla
 
miz_pimp
Old
#7  
miz_pimp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 709
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
Thank you, I did not expect those to work (they come from 4.4.2, but I think I need 4.2.x apk's) but I tried anyway. Well, they did not work, they did not even appear in the app list and they did not install the regular way.

Maybe someone has the apk's from Jelly Bean, Android 4.2.2? Isn't that the stock version for Ascend P6?
The backup file is the same as the one used on 4.2.2, as it is updated in the huawei app store.

Either way, I highly doubt you'll even get the 4.2.2 FM radio to work.

Sent from my Huawei P6

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by richish View Post
in app section there is huawei update extrction tool.
Maybe that can help u.

If i get it right
download tool
download update app
and extract system.img to any folder
.img open with winrar and drop out nesecurry apks.


let me know if it works !
To extract the files in system.img, you'll need to use a 4ext extractor.

Sent from my Huawei P6
Phone: Huawei Ascend P6
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: EMUI2.0 KitKat
 
ZuperStyler
Old
#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 238
Join Date: Jan 2014
Fm Radio does not work. Use an online radio app.
 
dgvirtual
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Prompt Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuperStyler View Post
Fm Radio does not work. Use an online radio app.
That turned out to be true, unfortunately.

I downloaded the Huawei Ascend P6 rom from Huawei website, extracted the UPDATE.APP file using regular zip program, then extracted the 10.system.img file using the tool mentioned here before - Huawei Update Extractor (on Windows). Then I mounted the 10.system.img file on Linux using simple command
Code:
sudo mount -o loop 10.system.img android-system/
the file mounted as an ext4 filesystem.

There, in app/ folder, I found all the programs. I tried to install three of those - HwAllBackup.apk, HwFMRadio.apk and HwDLNA.apk.

The first two failed to install, the third installed but crashed after launch. The default DLNA app from stock P1 rom (ics 4.0.3) does work on my CyanogenMod firmware (specs in a post above).

So, thank you everyone who helped me in this test.

Streaming radio - I wonder, how much bandwidth does it consume?
 
ZuperStyler
Old
#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 238
Join Date: Jan 2014
If you use Tunein Radio, for example, I advise you to use it only if you have an unlimited data plan or a WIFI connection.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more