Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hi, I just changed my phone to note3, and I want to root my phone.

Tip us?

yoonmh4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Hi, I just changed my phone to note3, and I want to root my phone.

Hi. As I said in the title, I've just changed my phone to samsung galaxy note3, but I'm not sure how to root this phone cuz I used to use a galaxy s2 before I changed my phone. ps. I live in South Korea and I'm using a Korean galaxy note3 ( sm-n900s)
The things I want to ask you guys are these
1. How do I root this?
2. Is there any custom roms that can be installed on the note3 jellybean 4.3?
3. When I root this device, does something happens to the knox warranty thing? When I searched a Korean developer forum, they said if I root this device, the knox warranty will be broken so you'll not be able to get free a/s.
4. Is the way of installing roms on note3 same as the way of galaxy s2?
5. Is it ok to install non-korean roms on my note3?
Thanks.

_alexndr
Old
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoonmh4 View Post
[...]
3. When I root this device, does something happens to the knox warranty thing? [...]
Of course - you'll trip KNOX 0x0 -> 0x1 and void your warranty

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi. As I said in the title, I've just changed my phone to samsung galaxy note3, but I'm not sure how to root this phone cuz I used to use a galaxy s2 before I changed my phone. ps. I live in South Korea and I'm using a Korean galaxy note3 ( sm-n900s)
1. How do I root this?
3. When I root this device, does something happens to the knox warranty thing? When I searched a Korean developer forum, they said if I root this device, the knox warranty will be broken so you'll not be able to get free a/s.
Thanks.
One piece of advice I will give you. Read until your eyes burn and you know everything that goes wrong/can go wrong and how to fix it if it does go wrong.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

scarcett
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
1. How do I root this?
Thanks.
Go to Note 3 Android Development session, there's plenty of custom ROMs option there... Enjoy your root!
The Following User Says Thank You to scarcett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]