Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My AT&T HOX will not update

Tip us?

hijodedios51206
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation My AT&T HOX will not update

hello XDA. I appologize if i am breaking rules but i dont know what else to do with my phone.
I recently bought an AT&T X. it had the 2.20 at&t firmware installed. i managed to root it and supercid it and unlock bootloader. however, ever since then, i cannot update thru RUU. i was updating to 2.14 hboot to get facepalm s-off.

writing zip ...
<bootloader> adopting the signature contained in this image...
<bootloader> zip header checking...
<bootloader> zip info parsing...
FAILED <remote: 99 unknown fail>

i tried downloading the OTA and made sure its AT&T software as i do not have s-off yet. I have flashed stock recovery (i had twrp installed after i rooted and supercid) and navigate to OTA files but i get this.

mount SDCARD failed 1 times
mount SDCARD failed 2 times
mount SDCARD failed 3 times
mount SDCARD failed 4 times
mount SDCARD failed 5 times

i chose apply from phone storage and i get:

invalid operation
rebooting...

also i ran JET and successfully downgraded hboot to 1.09 cuz i read it not all parts of s-on were implemented, so i thought i could obtain s-off that way.

i have searched all over xda and google. i do as much research as i can first.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,192

DONATE TO ME
Whoa, where are you getting your information? Stop what you're doing. Running the jb RUU while s-on and SuperCID is going to brick your phone. You're lucky it's failing.

What makes you think you need to update it to get s-off? Have you attempted the Facepalm procedure yet?

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

hijodedios51206
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Whoa, where are you getting your information? Stop what you're doing. Running the jb RUU while s-on and SuperCID is going to brick your phone. You're lucky it's failing.

What makes you think you need to update it to get s-off? Have you attempted the Facepalm procedure yet?

Sent from my Evita
My bad. Wat happened was i successfully rooted while on 2.20 and proceeded to flash the zip indicated by facepalm s-off thread. thats when i started getting the error 99. i checked cid and made sure it was 11111111, which is required by facepalm s-off. now no RUU's work.. i setting the cid back to its original CWS__001 and ran updated RUU but still got the same errors.

hijodedios51206
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
i forgot to mention that in the first post. i know RUU while s-off and scid bricks it.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,985
How many times did you try Facepalm, and got error 99? It seems some folks have gotten error 99, and just ran it again.

Bootloader needs to be relocked to run RUU with s-on. Did you relock the bootloader?
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hijodedios51206
Old
(Last edited by hijodedios51206; 17th February 2014 at 06:12 PM.) Reason: forgot to answer second question
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
How many times did you try Facepalm, and got error 99? It seems some folks have gotten error 99, and just ran it again.

Bootloader needs to be relocked to run RUU with s-on. Did you relock the bootloader?
i ran it multiple times. i saw a thread i forgot where to find it. i looked thru pages of different threads and i found one that says if u get error 99 just run it again till it flashes. it never flashed for me. i grew a bit impatient and stopped trying.

i tried relocking once but didnt work. i didnt try too much while relocked ill try again when i get the chance.