Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sending chinese characters

Tip us?

itzraywhy
Old
(Last edited by itzraywhy; 16th February 2014 at 12:10 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sending chinese characters

Hello, I have a galaxy note 3 and whenever I send chinese characters to my daughter, who has an iphone 5, she gets a bunch of random non-chinese letters and characters. I use the google pinyin input keyboard. Any advice?

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzraywhy View Post
Hello, I have a galaxy note 3 and whenever I send chinese characters to my daughter, who has an iphone 5, she gets a bunch of random non-chinese letters and characters. I use the google pinyin input keyboard. Any advice?
The iphone must not have the same language installed, or can't decode androids Chinese language. Have you tried sending to a different device? How about thru email?

hotbyz168
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzraywhy View Post
I believe you have to go into sms settings then under sms/mms tab click on input mode then select automatic. Should be good to go after that.

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotbyz168 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

itzraywhy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbyz168 View Post
I believe you have to go into sms settings then under sms/mms tab click on input mode then select automatic. Should be good to go after that.

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Thanks, this fixed it.