Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Where does gear save the backup?

OP skitapa

16th February 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

133 posts
I installed galaxy gear on my gt-i9505 s4 with cm11. I got it working at first but could not use gears notification system but used ATN manager. In my striving to get the most out of it, I tried to factory restore the gear, and now gear manager asks me every time to either reset it or restore the backup it has. Now both of these fail. And because it worked the first time when there was no backup I wish to find the directory where Gear manager keeps the saved data. I have so far not been able to find it. It's not any of the preinstalls from the gear manager, not from gear manager itself nor is it fetched from a server. So where is it? Could someone point me in the right direction?
17th February 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag spring hill
Thanks Meter: 3

2 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitapa

I installed galaxy gear on my gt-i9505 s4 with cm11. I got it working at first but could not use gears notification system but used ATN manager. In my striving to get the most out of it, I tried to factory restore the gear, and now gear manager asks me every time to either reset it or restore the backup it has. Now both of these fail. And because it worked the first time when there was no backup I wish to find the directory where Gear manager keeps the saved data. I have so far not been able to find it. It's not any of the preinstalls from the gear manager, not from gear manager itself nor is it fetched from a server. So where is it? Could someone point me in the right direction?

I had the same issues I deleted .BTManager_backup on the root of the sdcard on my HTC one and it was able to work correctly again with out asking to restore or reset.
Last edited by sikatat; 17th February 2014 at 01:13 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sikatat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 830

4,321 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikatat

I had the same issues I deleted .BTManager_backup on the root of the sdcard on my HTC one and it was able to work correctly again with out asking to restore or reset.

Thanks man. Been looking for this all night. So once removed the gear will connect without any of those pesky options but do you see any issues? Does the setting app show up on gear manager?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode

Thanks man. Been looking for this all night. So once removed the gear will connect without any of those pesky options but do you see any issues? Does the setting app show up on gear manager?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Settings app? I can set things in gear manager like what the power button does and such if that is what you mean.
17th February 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

133 posts
Thank you soo much! It did the trick and now it works again. ☺
18th February 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag spring hill
Thanks Meter: 3

2 posts
Donate to Me
Awesome. Glad I could help
22nd October 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Here is the location
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitapa

data/data/com.samsung.android.hostmanager/files/ backup/Gear2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-22-16-37-15-1.png
Views:	13
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	2981455  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread