FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
How's it going everyone. I'm looking for a little bit of help or a link to where I can find how to root my s4. It's currently running 4.2.2 I'm also looking to see what setup everyone is using? Kernel,Rom etc. I've rooted phones before but to be honest the last phone I rooted was a Mytouch 4g Slide. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
16th February 2014, 07:40 PM |#2  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,719
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh626

How's it going everyone. I'm looking for a little bit of help or a link to where I can find how to root my s4. It's currently running 4.2.2 I'm also looking to see what setup everyone is using? Kernel,Rom etc. I've rooted phones before but to be honest the last phone I rooted was a Mytouch 4g Slide. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

CF Autoroot
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 07:52 PM |#3  
mesh626's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

CF Autoroot

Can you give me a link so I can move on with rooting my phone. Also thanks for the reply!
16th February 2014, 09:07 PM |#4  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,719
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh626

Can you give me a link so I can move on with rooting my phone. Also thanks for the reply!

The search feature is helpful.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2294005

Sometimes you need answer with problems, searching is quicker then waiting on someone to reply.

☞ Sent from here ☜
17th February 2014, 01:37 AM |#5  
mesh626's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

Here are the stickies for our device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419828

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Here's a xda video on how to do it: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

The search feature is helpful.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2294005

Sometimes you need answer with problems, searching is quicker then waiting on someone to reply.

☞ Sent from here ☜

thank you guys a lot. I am now rooted. Now what ROM do you guys recommend me using? I'm really just looking for something fast simple and just want to get rid of all the bloatware from the stock device.
17th February 2014, 03:20 AM |#6  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,719
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh626

thank you guys a lot. I am now rooted. Now what ROM do you guys recommend me using? I'm really just looking for something fast simple and just want to get rid of all the bloatware from the stock device.

It's grown upon around here to ask "what ROM". Try a few and see what you like.
If you're looking to stay with TWz but debloated, try dbomdROM or Wicked.
Had on over to the Development section, look at the OP of each thread. They still list what's in the ROM ect. Good luck

☞ Sent from here ☜
16th February 2014, 08:10 PM |#7  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,369
 
More
Here are the stickies for our device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419828

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Here's a xda video on how to do it: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-developer-tv/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 12:08 AM |#8  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,719
 
More
If you want to keep Touchwiz/T-Mobile features you need to flash a ROM base on TWz firmware. Look at dbombROM or Wicked.
ROM like CM are compiled from open sources and usually will not have those TWz features (a couple of things have been ported to work but not much).

☞ Sent from here ☜
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes