Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck on 3G network!

OP allstrox

17th February 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
My Verizon Galaxy SIII is stuck on 3G, and will not access 4G. I am using Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 (stable).

The problem started when I was travelling, and used *228 to try and improve reception. I just meant to use option 2 to update the list of towers (Preferred Roaming list), but derped and pressed 1 instead. Option 2 just updates the list of towers, while option 1 also updates the location of my Home switch. No issues making receiving calls/texts etc, but stuck on 3G data speeds.

Once I returned home from my trip, I used *228 option 1 again to fix this, but it did not.
17th February 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

231 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstrox

My Verizon Galaxy SIII is stuck on 3G, and will not access 4G. I am using Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 (stable).

The problem started when I was travelling, and used *228 to try and improve reception. I just meant to use option 2 to update the list of towers (Preferred Roaming list), but derped and pressed 1 instead. Option 2 just updates the list of towers, while option 1 also updates the location of my Home switch. No issues making receiving calls/texts etc, but stuck on 3G data speeds.

Once I returned home from my trip, I used *228 option 1 again to fix this, but it did not.

I had the same issue for the longest time... and did everything you tried... I ended up giving up and going into the Verizon store and asking for a new Sim Card (Which is free of charge). After that BOOM 4G again! everywhere!!! I recommend going in and getting a new SIM card!
17th February 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouken

I had the same issue for the longest time... and did everything you tried... I ended up giving up and going into the Verizon store and asking for a new Sim Card (Which is free of charge). After that BOOM 4G again! everywhere!!! I recommend going in and getting a new SIM card!

Thanks! Might have to do that if nothing else works. Can't let them see I have a custom ROM on my phone.
17th February 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 59

231 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstrox

Thanks! Might have to do that if nothing else works. Can't let them see I have a custom ROM on my phone.

Ya No Problem....funny thing was the employee there couldn't tell I had a custom rom on my phone... regardless of him being unable to find anything on my phone lol, If worse came to worse I was just going to play dumb and say my friend "did something" to my phone to make it look different.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread