Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 ROM Flashing Help

Tip us?

Nervous Pl0x
Old
(Last edited by Nervous Pl0x; 18th February 2014 at 03:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 ROM Flashing Help

Hello,

I've been having significant trouble flashing multiple different ROMs on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113). What happens is every time I boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, dalvik and then proceed to flash the ROM from external storage. However, every time I try to flash a new ROM the installation is aborted. Iv tried multiple different 4.4 ROMs and a couple 4.3 ROMs with no success.

I am currently running full stock rooted (w/ CF-auto root) 4.2.2 with CWM recovery. I checked every download with its MD5 and they all matched so im fairly positive that it is not a bad download. Im not sure to what could possibly be causing the installation to be aborted, I am very familiar with Odin and flashing on Samsung devices but this issue has me stumped.

Could the CWM recovery version be causing this? Or is there a different method of flashing on the Tab 2 in comparison to other Samsung devices?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

blue_drt29
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Pl0x View Post
Hello,

I've been having significant trouble flashing multiple different ROMs on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113). What happens is every time I boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, dalvik and then proceed to flash the ROM from external storage. However, every time I try to flash a new ROM the installation is aborted. Iv tried multiple different 4.4 ROMs and a couple 4.3 ROMs with no success.

I am currently running full stock rooted (w/ CF-auto root) 4.2.2 with CWM recovery. I checked every download with its MD5 and they all matched so im fairly positive that it is not a bad download. Im not sure to what could possibly be causing the installation to be aborted, I am very familiar with Odin and flashing on Samsung devices but this issue has me stumped.

Could the CWM recovery version be causing this? Or is there a different method of flashing on the Tab 2 in comparison to other Samsung devices?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Try use latest TWRP recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548257
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue_drt29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nervous Pl0x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_drt29 View Post
Thank you! The recovery version was the issue!

blue_drt29
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousTo date there are no complaints from users Pl0x View Post
Thank you! The recovery version was the issue!
Your welcome, To date there are no complaints from users
The Following User Says Thank You to blue_drt29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]