Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HELP: Black screen after Carbon ROM flash

OP lowks

18th February 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
hi, I just flashed this ROM on my xperia s :
[ROM][UB][Linaro][KitKat][4.4.2]Carbon Rom[Unofficial][BUG FIXES BETA #3][PIE]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617846

After flashing, it just shows a black screen... nothing else! when I press the power button, there is a vibrate and that is it. nothing shows on the screen. then I realised that my bootloader might not be unlocked. does it affect it? how can I rescue my hp now??? please help..... urgent as I need my hp badly

thanks in advance to any kind souls out there....

my hp was on the stock .96 ROM rooted with CWM.
18th February 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowks

hi, I just flashed this ROM on my xperia s :
[ROM][UB][Linaro][KitKat][4.4.2]Carbon Rom[Unofficial][BUG FIXES BETA #3][PIE]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617846

After flashing, it just shows a black screen... nothing else! when I press the power button, there is a vibrate and that is it. nothing shows on the screen. then I realised that my bootloader might not be unlocked. does it affect it? how can I rescue my hp now??? please help..... urgent as I need my hp badly

thanks in advance to any kind souls out there....

my hp was on the stock .96 ROM rooted with CWM.

if it is due to locked bootloader, any way for me to unlock it now in this state??
18th February 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #3  
entermetallica's Avatar
Senior Member
Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 81
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
That was a very silly thing to do, can you enter fastboot ?

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by entermetallica

That was a very silly thing to do, can you enter fastboot ?

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Fixed!!! Using the Sony update service.. What a relief!! Do we need to flash the kernel or its done tog with flashing the ROM?

Besides unlocking boatloader, install cwm, root the phone, what else need to be done before flashing?
18th February 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #5  
entermetallica's Avatar
Senior Member
Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 81
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowks

Fixed!!! Using the Sony update service.. What a relief!! Do we need to flash the kernel or its done tog with flashing the ROM?

Besides unlocking boatloader, install cwm, root the phone, what else need to be done before flashing?

That's all you need to do. Now just flash the zip through recovery.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by entermetallica

That's all you need to do. Now just flash the zip through recovery.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

done! finally got the carbon ROM my my XS!
25th September 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Hello,

I have the same issue. Please could you tell me how did you unlock your phone please?

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes