Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Rom Recommendations

OP CarvellW

19th February 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Hi LG Optimus G Fans,

So I got a new LG Optimus G and about to root and unlock boot loader. (im new to all of this). What i want now is recommendations for the best and most stable rom available for this device. Just leave your comments and let me know what you think.
19th February 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #2  
optimusv45's Avatar
Senior Member
Huntington, WV
Thanks Meter: 242
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvellW

Hi LG Optimus G Fans,

So I got a new LG Optimus G and about to root and unlock boot loader. (im new to all of this). What i want now is recommendations for the best and most stable rom available for this device. Just leave your comments and let me know what you think.

There are quite a few solid roms. Look at what people say about them and try it out. I was on kitkat for a few months, can't name a single kitkat feature that I use, so went back to 4.3. Now everything is solid with plenty of features. You really gotta just try some
The Following User Says Thank You to optimusv45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #3  
DraginMagik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
1,122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
I really like slim roms. They have been the most stable and have a great feature set. 4.3 and 4.4 have been excellent.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565752

[ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat (geeb) [build 3][02/16/2014][Official]

But as mentioned above...read a bunch, try a few, nandroid is your friend. Enjoy.

- sent from my SlimLG
The Following User Says Thank You to DraginMagik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys
20th February 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
If i put on the latest TWRP, will i be able to flash all roms or just KitKat based roms?
20th February 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #6  
optimusv45's Avatar
Senior Member
Huntington, WV
Thanks Meter: 242
 
1,099 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvellW

If i put on the latest TWRP, will i be able to flash all roms or just KitKat based roms?

I had to switch recovery when I flashed back to 4.3. the kitkat twrp may not be able to flash 4.3 roms.
20th February 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #7  
DraginMagik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 147
 
1,122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvellW

If i put on the latest TWRP, will i be able to flash all roms or just KitKat based roms?

Edit......

- sent from my SlimLG
20th February 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #8  
Ace42's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,196
 
9,317 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Vanir. I get the best battery life, I had posted 6hrs in the thread. I normally avg 4-5 though due to poor T-Mobile service here.

Sent from my Optimus G
20th February 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #9  
Member
Flag Полтава
Thanks Meter: 20
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Hi, i am using Beanstalk 01/27/14 rom + AK kernel from MiZrY in the thread to carbon/psx rom.
Rom very smooth rum assuring not underestimated the frequency and reduced voltage, brightness on auto, using the game as well as on the Internet, missing no less than 4h of screen, and 5h+ and keeps stable
Dont work led notification, so like a stable rom, I use the second week, problems not encountered

Click image for larger version

Name:	vv.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	2590435
The Following User Says Thank You to bgkone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkone

Hi, i am using Beanstalk 01/27/14 rom + AK kernel from MiZrY in the thread to carbon/psx rom.
Rom very smooth rum assuring not underestimated the frequency and reduced voltage, brightness on auto, using the game as well as on the Internet, missing no less than 4h of screen, and 5h+ and keeps stable
Dont work led notification, so like a stable rom, I use the second week, problems not encountered

Attachment 2590435

I will look into the Beanstalk rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashing, recommendation, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes