Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] Modded Sony Multimedia Apps - Album & Walkman

Tip us?

Killawave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [REQUEST] Modded Sony Multimedia Apps - Album & Walkman

I have a special request for the devs, geek or whoever can do the trick.
I'm using an Xperia SP (c5303) with the latest eXistenZ ROM

It's about the multimedia apps of Sony. I think they are beautiful, great features and design but with a lack of options.
Would it be possible to add an option that permit to filter the folders used by the applications.
By default, the Sony apps are scanning the whole device and displays everything. And there is no way to configure that...in fact the options in theses applications are quite nonexistent.

I have got a folder (with subfolders) with my songs (Music) and another with my pictures (Contacts, miscellaneous pics, photos) and I want them to be the only folders used by the apps.
As I have got several others folders with pictures (Screenshots, drafts, ...) and audio files (voice recorded, tones, ...), I don't want them to be treated by the apps.

Typically an option to include media folders and another to exclude the rest.
Moreover, if it is possible to make the pictures appears by folders, it would be easier than having all the pictures appearing chronologically which, obviously, sucks.

For inspiration and exemple : Applications on the store that works this way : QuickPic for the Album and PlayerPro for the Walkman

Thanks by advance for reading and, maybe, your hard work on this.

niaboc79
Old
Recognized Developer / Themer
Thanks Meter 29391

DONATE TO ME
I will talk about that to an experienced guy to see if it is possible to add that with an xposed module.

"Envoyé depuis mon C6603 avec Tapatalk"
- Help me to support more devices Read this

- If you like my work, Hit -

- Don't use any part of my work WITHOUT my autorization! | You don't like my reply? Read this

mrjraider
Old
Thanks Meter 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by niaboc79 View Post
I will talk about that to an experienced guy to see if it is possible to add that with an xposed module.

Hi quick question. Does the Z version of the 4.3 Walkman app have a Recent Added Playlist? Because I cant seem to find it xD
Be nice to people!

I do not respond on techmail via the PM! Esspecially questions that can be found on the forum! Use search!

niaboc79
Old
Thanks Meter 29391

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider View Post
Hi quick question. Does the Z version of the 4.3 Walkman app have a Recent Added Playlist? Because I cant seem to find it xD
Yes

And all my eXistenZ rom too

- Don't use any part of my work WITHOUT my autorization! | You don't like my reply? Read this

serajr
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killawave View Post
I have a special request for the devs, geek or whoever can do the trick.
I'm using an Xperia SP (c5303) with the latest eXistenZ ROM

It's about the multimedia apps of Sony. I think they are beautiful, great features and design but with a lack of options.
Would it be possible to add an option that permit to filter the folders used by the applications.
By default, the Sony apps are scanning the whole device and displays everything. And there is no way to configure that...in fact the options in theses applications are quite nonexistent.

I have got a folder (with subfolders) with my songs (Music) and another with my pictures (Contacts, miscellaneous pics, photos) and I want them to be the only folders used by the apps.
As I have got several others folders with pictures (Screenshots, drafts, ...) and audio files (voice recorded, tones, ...), I don't want them to be treated by the apps.

Typically an option to include media folders and another to exclude the rest.
Moreover, if it is possible to make the pictures appears by folders, it would be easier than having all the pictures appearing chronologically which, obviously, sucks.

For inspiration and exemple : Applications on the store that works this way : QuickPic for the Album and PlayerPro for the Walkman

Thanks by advance for reading and, maybe, your hard work on this.
Quote:

Ok guys... Everybody would like something like you mentioned, and I think that is possible!!
Let me try here first and later I report you back with some news... is it ok? ... at least we should try this out!!!
I have paced these forests for so long
I don`t know, if I am a man or I am beast
I though hold deep within me, a quest for revenge
Then I must be a man as much as I can be
I have learned to speak the tongue of animal
I have learned to read the signs in bark and snow
I have taken within myself the spirits of my fathers long time gone
In this short time, far from home
A man of iron I`ve grown...
...A man of iron I have grown

(Hail Quorthon... RIP)

If you like my work and consider me worthy, consider DONATE me too. Thanks in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to serajr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Killawave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
OK, kewl. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serajr View Post
Ok guys... Everybody would like something like you mentioned, and I think that is possible!!
Let me try here first and later I report you back with some news... is it ok? ... at least we should try this out!!!
No problem...If I could help, let me know.

Thank you for your future hard work.

niaboc79
Old
Thanks Meter 29391

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by serajr View Post
Now everybody know who is my mysterious experienced guys