Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem with CWM and SpeedMod

Tip us?

AhmeD-Shifflin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy problem with CWM and SpeedMod

hi everybody
first of all thank you guys for your amazing works
I've just got some questions
i've Ace Plus GT-S7500 only
and i read about the CWM 6.0.3.5 here in forum and i installed it using terminal emulator and it works
but now i'm trying to install speedmod 4.4.2 and i did the full wipe before installing .. but it didn't work
I asked some people one of them said that i have to install CWM 6.0.4.5 to install speedmod .. i searched through this forum and i found how to do it .. i did it exactly as they said it was just installing form CWM recovery bit it didn't work also
in the background there is a "dead android man" with a triangle and (!) inside ..
thanks god i could restore the 2.3.6 stock rom ...
can anubody help me please ??
and thanks

ANDROID-000
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmeD-Shifflin View Post
hi everybody
first of all thank you guys for your amazing works
I've just got some questions
i've Ace Plus GT-S7500 only
and i read about the CWM 6.0.3.5 here in forum and i installed it using terminal emulator and it works
but now i'm trying to install speedmod 4.4.2 and i did the full wipe before installing .. but it didn't work
I asked some people one of them said that i have to install CWM 6.0.4.5 to install speedmod .. i searched through this forum and i found how to do it .. i did it exactly as they said it was just installing form CWM recovery bit it didn't work also
in the background there is a "dead android man" with a triangle and (!) inside ..
thanks god i could restore the 2.3.6 stock rom ...
can anubody help me please ??
and thanks
i use cwm 6.0.2.3 and just follow the installation guide in op and all will work except the bug in the list. just read the whole thread of speedmod and you will get an answer

AhmeD-Shifflin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROID-000 View Post
i use cwm 6.0.2.3 and just follow the installation guide in op and all will work except the bug in the list. just read the whole thread of speedmod and you will get an answer
i did wipe cache,dalvik and factory reset .. and format system .. but it didn't work
also when i tried to flash the CWM 6.0.4.5 it didn't work too
is there another way than using odin ?

trendchanger
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmeD-Shifflin View Post
i did wipe cache,dalvik and factory reset .. and format system .. but it didn't work
also when i tried to flash the CWM 6.0.4.5 it didn't work too
is there another way than using odin ?
u mea to say flashin different version of CWM also fails???
u tried flashing twrp?
personal experience i am on 6.0.4 everything is ok..
in Odin flash the cwm ...

Androidoo
Old
Thanks Meter 60
i have flashed it with cwm 5.5 and no bugs other than listed in the thread of speedmod..!!
PHONE-GALAXY ACE PLUS
rom -CM 11 SpeedMod

AhmeD-Shifflin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
yeah i tried to flash another version of CWM but it didn't work ... Does it make sense i couldn't flash roms or CWM versions because i flash the CWM 6.0.3.5 using terminal emulator ? :\
and I didn't try to flash twrp but if i want to .. how could i overwrite cwm and replace with twrp ?
and if i tried to flash speedmod using odin it's gonna work right ?
but i prefer to stay away from odin because it's dangerous a little for me as a beginner