Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TF300T TWRP 2.6.3.0 problem

Tip us?

Hoser88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] TF300T TWRP 2.6.3.0 problem

My TF300T is unlocked, rooted, and I used Terminal Emulator to install TWRP 2.5.?.? can't remember. Reboot, and used GooManager to reboot into Recovery. Then I made a backup, rebooted, and started reading up on Roms to flash. Learned I needed TWRP 2.6.3.0 for a KitKat rom, so I downloaded the blob and used Terminal Emulator again to update TWRP and reboot.

Now when I boot into recovery, it shows that I'm on version 2.6.3.0, but I cannot make a backup. There are no drives mounted, nor are any partitions listed. I went into Restore, and nothing is there either. Then I went into Install, and tried to install a new rom, but the zip files are not viewable.

Reboot, System... and now I'm here trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the TF300T version of TWRP 2.6.3.0 blob again and used Terminal Emulator again to flash it, and everything is the same.

Suggestions??

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser88 View Post
My TF300T is unlocked, rooted, and I used Terminal Emulator to install TWRP 2.5.?.? can't remember. Reboot, and used GooManager to reboot into Recovery. Then I made a backup, rebooted, and started reading up on Roms to flash. Learned I needed TWRP 2.6.3.0 for a KitKat rom, so I downloaded the blob and used Terminal Emulator again to update TWRP and reboot.

Now when I boot into recovery, it shows that I'm on version 2.6.3.0, but I cannot make a backup. There are no drives mounted, nor are any partitions listed. I went into Restore, and nothing is there either. Then I went into Install, and tried to install a new rom, but the zip files are not viewable.

Reboot, System... and now I'm here trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the TF300T version of TWRP 2.6.3.0 blob again and used Terminal Emulator again to flash it, and everything is the same.

Suggestions??
You need TWRP 2.6.3.2 to install a KitKat ROM. Just make sure you are on the 10.6.1.15 nootloader and above before flashing that.

Links: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

Hoser88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
You need TWRP 2.6.3.2 to install a KitKat ROM. Just make sure you are on the 10.6.1.15 nootloader and above before flashing that.

Links: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=7

I'm on the 10.6.1.27.5 bootloader. I previously downloaded Scanno's TWRP file, but inside the zip was an img file and not a blob file. I didn't know what to do with it and figured I better learn a little more before I do something foolish.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser88 View Post
I'm on the 10.6.1.27.5 bootloader. I previously downloaded Scanno's TWRP file, but inside the zip was an img file and not a blob file. I didn't know what to do with it and figured I better learn a little more before I do something foolish.
You can flash an img file from Terminal Emulator or Fastboot like any other blob. It is compatible with 10.6.1.27.5
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hoser88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
You can flash an img file from Terminal Emulator or Fastboot like any other blob. It is compatible with 10.6.1.27.5
Worked perfect! Super Thanks!