Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is Resulting in Failure, Please Help! [Kingo Failure]

Tip us?
 
jakichan77
Old
(Last edited by jakichan77; 20th February 2014 at 02:02 AM.) Reason: more info necessary
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is Resulting in Failure, Please Help! [Kingo Failure]

After attempting to root with Kingo, all that happens is that it goes through the first few steps, then my phone switches to "connected as media device" and Kingo says "waiting for device" as though it is no longer connected. My Note 3 automatically switches settings and does not allow for me to switch it back.

I know Kingo is frowned upon on XDA, but I know someone on here has to know what they're doing in terms of making it so my phone will just stick in installation mode rather than media device mode.

Thanks, XDA

PS. Please "Note" I am updated to 4.3, but I was under the understanding that Kingo could root a 4.3, MJ7 Note 3.
 
vash_stanped
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 58
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OPORTO
Wrong section to post a question. If you search carefully you will find that mj7 is not "rootable" without tripping knox.
 
jakichan77
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_stanped View Post
Wrong section to post a question. If you search carefully you will find that mj7 is not "rootable" without tripping knox.
Sorry about that :/
Thanks. Is there any way to root it and trip Knox? I'm not extremely worried about it. Root De LA Vega did not work after the OTA, I softbricked my phone. All fixed now, but still looking for a root method.
 
xclub_101
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 307
Posts: 1,091
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakichan77 View Post
After attempting to root with Kingo, all that happens is that it goes through the first few steps, then my phone switches to "connected as media device" and Kingo says "waiting for device" as though it is no longer connected. My Note 3 automatically switches settings and does not allow for me to switch it back.

I know Kingo is frowned upon on XDA, but I know someone on here has to know what they're doing in terms of making it so my phone will just stick in installation mode rather than media device mode.

Thanks, XDA

PS. Please "Note" I am updated to 4.3, but I was under the understanding that Kingo could root a 4.3, MJ7 Note 3.

This one is the International Note 3 forum.

You should focus on the specific Verizon Note 3 forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3

Also XDA is not the support service site of kingo.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
 
ultramag69
Old
#5  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 575
Posts: 4,456
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Waratah
If you have an international note I'd suggest cf-autoroot... It will trip Knox but its never failed me....
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
 
jakichan77
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
If you have an international note I'd suggest cf-autoroot... It will trip Knox but its never failed me....
I own the SM-N900V US variant. I probably should add this to the OP. (according to cf-autoroot, my device is not yet supporrted) Thanks anyhow
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more