Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WhatsApp Problem

Tip us?

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [Q] WhatsApp Problem

Hello All,Ive purchased Gionee Elife E7 and there is a problem with WhatsApp that there is no push message notification...When I open WhatsApp i can see the messages notification of what all messages ive received..any one facing the same problem and have a solution to it??

Grato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja View Post
Hello All,Ive purchased Gionee Elife E7 and there is a problem with WhatsApp that there is no push message notification...When I open WhatsApp i can see the messages notification of what all messages ive received..any one facing the same problem and have a solution to it??
Yes Me too facing the same issue. Didn't find a solution either.

1995ad
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Smile Here's a fix:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grato View Post
Yes Me too facing the same issue. Didn't find a solution either.
This is a known issue with the default launcher of Elife E7. Whenever you quit an app (by sliding it away on the homescreen), the launcher force quits the app. So, if you close WhatsApp like this, you automatically turn off the notifications.

There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) Don't ever quit WhatsApp by sliding to clear it in the Navi launcher.
2) Use another launcher, like Nova Prime or so.

NHS2008
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995ad View Post
This is a known issue with the default launcher of Elife E7. Whenever you quit an app (by sliding it away on the homescreen), the launcher force quits the app. So, if you close WhatsApp like this, you automatically turn off the notifications.

There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) Don't ever quit WhatsApp by sliding to clear it in the Navi launcher.
2) Use another launcher, like Nova Prime or so.
It still doesn't do that trick. Unless you keep opening it frequently, It will be killed in the background after a while. Really annoying.

One thing I tried to no avail is to install Xposed and install the 'App Settings' module and make Whatsapp a RESIDENT app. Still it will get killed.
LG Optimus G E970 (AT&T) | CM 10 4.3.1 | CM 3.4.0-CM+

~My phone chronology~
K750i(Drowned) > N70(Broken) > E51(Lost) > N85(Stolen) > Wave S8500!(BACK IN BUSINESS!) > Pilot ZP100(F***** UP!) > ATRIX 2(SOLD!) > Galaxy S3 I9300(SOLD!) > 6303i > XOLO Q800> XOLO Q800> (Both Sold!)Lava IRIS(SOLD!) > Current Device!

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHS2008 View Post
It still doesn't do that trick. Unless you keep opening it frequently, It will be killed in the background after a while. Really annoying.

One thing I tried to no avail is to install Xposed and install the 'App Settings' module and make Whatsapp a RESIDENT app. Still it will get killed.
Really Amigo is a fail by GiONEE...either they should improve the OS or discard it..i think i bought a wrong handset..

drbothra1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Whats app on e7

i m also facing the same problem with my whats app on my gionee eife e7.

chetz87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja View Post
If you are still facing the problem, the solution is using GO Launcher or any other launcher instead of default. Once u make Go Launcher default it solved the isse and whatsapp is normal back to routine notifications. Let me know if works for u

dahlawat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guys there is option of 'sync off' in the power manager app settings. Uncheck it and use any launcher push notifications will be there.

Sent from my E7 using xda app-developers app