[Q] WhatsApp Problem

OP GTARaja

20th February 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 57

211 posts
More
Hello All,Ive purchased Gionee Elife E7 and there is a problem with WhatsApp that there is no push message notification...When I open WhatsApp i can see the messages notification of what all messages ive received..any one facing the same problem and have a solution to it??
24th February 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja

Hello All,Ive purchased Gionee Elife E7 and there is a problem with WhatsApp that there is no push message notification...When I open WhatsApp i can see the messages notification of what all messages ive received..any one facing the same problem and have a solution to it??

Yes Me too facing the same issue. Didn't find a solution either.
26th February 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Smile Here's a fix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grato

Yes Me too facing the same issue. Didn't find a solution either.

This is a known issue with the default launcher of Elife E7. Whenever you quit an app (by sliding it away on the homescreen), the launcher force quits the app. So, if you close WhatsApp like this, you automatically turn off the notifications.

There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) Don't ever quit WhatsApp by sliding to clear it in the Navi launcher.
2) Use another launcher, like Nova Prime or so.
27th February 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 221

906 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995ad

This is a known issue with the default launcher of Elife E7. Whenever you quit an app (by sliding it away on the homescreen), the launcher force quits the app. So, if you close WhatsApp like this, you automatically turn off the notifications.

There are two ways to solve the problem:
1) Don't ever quit WhatsApp by sliding to clear it in the Navi launcher.
2) Use another launcher, like Nova Prime or so.

It still doesn't do that trick. Unless you keep opening it frequently, It will be killed in the background after a while. Really annoying.

One thing I tried to no avail is to install Xposed and install the 'App Settings' module and make Whatsapp a RESIDENT app. Still it will get killed.
27th February 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dharwad
Thanks Meter: 57

211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHS2008

It still doesn't do that trick. Unless you keep opening it frequently, It will be killed in the background after a while. Really annoying.

One thing I tried to no avail is to install Xposed and install the 'App Settings' module and make Whatsapp a RESIDENT app. Still it will get killed.

Really Amigo is a fail by GiONEE...either they should improve the OS or discard it..i think i bought a wrong handset..
8th March 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #6  

4 posts
Whats app on e7
i m also facing the same problem with my whats app on my gionee eife e7.
25th March 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #7  

3 posts
Smile Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTARaja

If you are still facing the problem, the solution is using GO Launcher or any other launcher instead of default. Once u make Go Launcher default it solved the isse and whatsapp is normal back to routine notifications. Let me know if works for u
21st April 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #8  

2 posts
Guys there is option of 'sync off' in the power manager app settings. Uncheck it and use any launcher push notifications will be there.

Sent from my E7 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread